Health Information Technician
Select Medical Corporate Headquarters
Health Information Technician
Full Time / On-Site
Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm (with some flexibility)
$18/hr Minimum Starting Hourly Rate
Diverse Health Benefit Packages, PTO & EID Leave, 401K company match & more
*Are you a recent graduate or individual looking to start or continue your career in medical records management?
*Are you an individual who enjoys the non-clinical side of health care?
*Do you want to work with an innovative team?
Then this might be an opportunity for you!
Watch to learn what it's like to work at Select Medical. We would love you to join our team!
As a Health Information Technician, you will be expected to deliver superior quality in all that you do. You must be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate electronic records to meet the requirements for licensure and certification.
- Record processing and physician record completion
- Scanning and filing transcribed reports and other documentation
- Document and data storage and retrieval
- Release of confidential information
- Maintaining confidential medical records
- Record review and data collection (LTRAX)
- Use multiple channels to communicate with hospital administrative staff, nurses, physicians, and hospital leadership when needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- At least one year of experience working in the healthcare industry
- At least one year working in a customer service related field
- Extremely etail oriented
- Ability to be professionally assertive
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Joint Commission standards
- Experience working specifically with patient health records
- Familiarity and abilit to work around different time zones within US
- Experience with release of information (ROI) and HIPPA
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Develop collaborative relationships with multiple departments on campus
- Campus with access to walking trails and beautiful outdoor rest areas.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.