PRN Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) - New York, NY
Select Physical Therapy is seeking an experienced PRN Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) in Denver, CO
This position is to provide pre-competition care for professional referees. The season runs through June and includes pre-season, regular season and post season games. Games routinely occur in the evenings during the week and on weekends at various times of day. There is no requirement to cover the competition itself.
Hours: arrival to arena 2.5 hours prior to start of competition. (EG- 5:00 PM arrival for a 7:30 PM game time)
Benefit: UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU courses, national certifications and more. FREE!
Select Physical Therapy is a part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1700 locations in 37 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- Responsible for patient care under supervision of a team physician
- Involved in the Athletic Training Services program, coverage of pregame referee services
- Determines the need for and administers proper athletic training techniques prior to competition to decrease risk of injury. Athletic training techniques can include: stretching, taping, wrapping, bracing, proper hydration and minor wound care.
- Works with physical therapists and area physicians to treat patients. Maintains proper lines of communication to ensure athlete is getting optimal care within the team.
- BS Degree REQUIRED
- Minimum 2 years of ATC/clinical experience
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Applicable state license where required
• Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
• Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing athletes, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
• Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.