Physical Therapist - Outpatient Neuro and Ortho - Full Time
Outpatient Neuro and Orthopedics in Bowie MD
Full Time Physical Therapist
NovaCare Rehabilitation in Bowie!
** LARGE SIGN ON BONUS and/or INDEFINITE STUDENT DEBT BENEFIT PROGRAM AVAILABLE FOR FULL TIME PHYSICAL THERAPIST**
NovaCare Rehabilitation in BOWIE MD is seeking a FULL time Physical Therapist (PT) for our multidisciplinary outpatient neuro and orthopedic center. On average, this would be a 40-50% neurological caseload that could easily expand. It is unlikely you would have 100% neuro as our ortho patients will still need your help. We have multiple physical therapists on staff able to offer an outlined and defined mentorship for new graduate physical therapists who are focused on neuro and orthopedics in an outpatient setting. We treat a diverse caseload of teens through geriatrics with a ten (10) patients per day expectation. Most PTs average 10-12 patients with 1:1 hour evals. Everyone is scheduled on the hour. We are willing to train all experience levels!
We are open from 7am until 7pm Monday through Thursday with a 7am until 2pm schedule on Friday. This is a full time, 40 hour work week position that will include 2-3 evenings until 7pm with your last patient scheduled at 6pm. NO WEEKENDS, all eight hour shifts, additional clinicians on staff to help with coverage, support and possible flexible in schedule. We will require two evenings for our motivated OP population.
Our employees enjoy:
- UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU courses, national certifications and more.
- 300+ onsite/ in-person, synchronous and asynchronous CEU accrediting courses. (.75-14 CEUs)
- NCS, COMT, OCS, SCS, CSCS, Dry Needling, Blood Flow Restriction, Herman and Wallace, Graston, KT Tape and additional certifications PAID
- Journal Clubs (institutional access to multiple journals)
- Company matching 401(k)
- Multiple and affordable PPO Benefits + HSA Options
- Generous Paid Time Off + Holidays + Paid Sick Time all with carry over.
- Competitive salary, BONUS and more!
For additional details, contact Shanel!
Senior Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
- Understand appropriate state practice acts and adhere to the laws which govern how physical therapists may practice and whom physical therapists may supervise.
- Complete and maintain all corporate & clinical services required training and maintain compliance with state/local/federal regulations.
- Evaluate, treat, and direct treatment for patients for whom physical therapy is medically necessary and document this need clearly.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, family members, and third-party payors at all times.
- Attend and/or participate in facility meetings as directed by the center manager (may include utilization review, infection control, disaster preparedness, etc.)
- Must be a graduate of an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) accredited school of physical therapy
- Valid State Physical Therapy License/ Registration REQUIRED to start
- Ability to work 40 hours per week with occasional late or early shifts to accommodate patients
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift. Must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility and in the community.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate reporting, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of electronic equipment.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.