Physical Therapist - Outpatient Sports and Ortho - CPD
Experience the power of physical therapy with NovaCare in Columbia, Maryland.
Columbia Maryland is seeking a sports medicine focused physical therapist for our outpatient team!
Indefinite Loan Repayment Available
NovaCare in Columbia MD (Centre Park Drive location) is seeking a full time licensed physical therapist (PT). Our Columbia location is denoted as a Select Center of Excellence with a 25-yard turf field. Centers of Excellence (COEs) are the core of our sports medicine services. These COE locations are focused on sports specific care and include specifically-trained sports medicine physical therapists. Their advanced clinical skills and sports experience can help athletes, of all levels, achieve their goals of injury prevention, rehabilitative treatment and performance enhancement.
We have a large clinical team of PTs and are able to consider new graduate or experienced PTs alike. General orthopedics will continue to be apart of this diverse population of teens through geriatrics. We seek a compassionate and driven licensed Physical Therapist to continue our reputation of providing exceptional patient care.
This is a full time 40 hour work week with two evenings treating until 8pm. Last patient is schedule an hour prior.
Our team rotates treating a half day on Saturdays. Generally speaking, one Saturday per month. You have a shorter day those weeks, to maintain a 40 hour schedule.
Full Time Benefits and Incentives:
- Multiple PPO Plans through BC/BS + HSA Available
- Company matching 401(k)
- Indefinite Student Debt Benefit Program
- UNMATCHED Con Ed program
- 300+ onsite, synchronous and asynchronous CEU accrediting courses. (.75-14 CEUs)
- COMT, OCS, SCS, CSCS, NCS, CDN Certifications (and more) PAID
- Journal Clubs (institutional access to multiple journals)
- Outlined and defined mentorship program with Protected Schedule
- FREE Three Month NPTE Prep Course **NEW OFFERING**
- Generous Paid Time Off + Holidays + Paid Sick Time
For Details Contact:
Sr. Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
- Understand appropriate state practice acts and adhere to the laws which govern how physical therapists may practice and whom physical therapists may supervise.
- Complete and maintain all corporate & clinical services required training and maintain compliance with state/local/federal regulations.
- Evaluate, treat, and direct treatment for patients for whom physical therapy is medically necessary and document this need clearly.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, family members, and third-party payors at all times.
- Attend and/or participate in facility meetings as directed by the center manager (may include utilization review, infection control, disaster preparedness, etc.)
- Successful completion of those educational requirements as mandated for state licensure or eligibility for a license in Physical Therapy.
- Current State licensure or eligibility for licensure in the State of practice.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift. Must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. #ACN
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.