Physical Therapist - Outpatient Orthopedics
FULL time outpatient orthopedic physical therapist
$20K Sign On Bonus Available with Student Loan Help
Experience the power of physical therapy with NovaCare in Pasadena MD!
NovaCare Rehabilitation in Pasadena MD is seeking an additional full time physical therapist for our outpatient orthopedic center. This is a full time (40 hour) opportunity to learn and grow with the nation's leader in outpatient physical therapy. We WELCOME new graduates and experienced clinicians to join our dynamic team. We treat a diverse population of pediatrics through geriatrics offering general ortho, sports medicine, oncology (ReVital), concussion and neurological rehabilitative services. For new graduates we ARE able to offer an outlined mentorship. Seize the opportunity to join our highly trained and respected physical therapy team that provides preventative and rehabilitative services that help improve quality of life for the community in which they live and work.
This is a full-time weekday treating schedule to include some evenings until 730pm with last patient scheduled an hour prior to close. NO WEEKENDS.
Full Time Benefits and Incentives:
- Multiple PPO Plans through BC/BS + HSA options
- Company matching 401(k)
- Indefinite Student Debt Benefit Program
- UNMATCHED Con Ed program
- 300+ onsite, synchronous and asynchronous CEU accrediting courses. (.75-14 CEUs)
- COMT, OCS, SCS, CSCS, Pelvic Health, NCS, Oncology, Dry Needling and additional certifications PAID
- Outlined and defined Mentorship Program with Protected Schedule
- FREE three month NPTE Prep Course *NEW OFFERING*
- Journal Clubs (institutional access to multiple journals)
- Generous Paid Time Off + Holidays + Extended Illness Days with carryover
For details, contact our regional recruiter, Shanel!
Sr. Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
At NovaCare, a division of Select Medical, we deliver quality in all that we do. We treat each other with respect and promote a positive environment where people feel valued. At NovaCare, we encourage dialogue that fosters inclusivity and growth. We are honest and open in our relationships and straightforward in our communications. At NovaCare, we work together to achieve our company objectives. #ACN
- Understand appropriate state practice acts and adhere to the laws which govern how physical therapists may practice and whom physical therapists may supervise.
- Complete and maintain all corporate & clinical services required training and maintain compliance with state/local/federal regulations.
- Evaluate, treat, and direct treatment for patients for whom physical therapy is medically necessary and document this need clearly.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, family members, and third-party payors at all times.
- Attend and/or participate in facility meetings as directed by the center manager.
- Must be a graduate of an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) accredited school of physical therapy
- Valid State Physical Therapy License/ Registration REQUIRED to start
- Ability to work 40 hours per week with occasional late or early shifts to accommodate patients
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift. Must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility and in the community.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate reporting, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of electronic equipment.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.