Physical Therapist - Outpatient Orthopedics in Anne Arundel County
FULL time outpatient orthopedic physical therapist
Sports, Orthopedics, Industrial and Oncology
Experience the power of physical therapy with NovaCare in Annapolis MD!
NovaCare Rehabilitation in Annapolis MD is seeking an additional full time physical therapist for our outpatient orthopedic center. We have a large clinical team able to consider experienced physical therapists (PT) and new graduates with defined onsite mentorship available. This full time (40 hour) treating position will include a weekday schedule treating until 8pm twice a week with last patient scheduled an hour prior. Friday is an early day for our team and NO WEEKENDS.
We treat a diverse population of pediatrics through geriatrics offering general ortho, sports medicine, oncology (ReVital), lymphedema, fall prevention, concussion, vestibular, TMJ and neurological rehabilitative services. This is an EXCELLENT opportunity to learn and grow with the nation's leader in outpatient physical therapy. We WELCOME new graduates and experienced clinicians to join our dynamic team. We are focused on quality care through true 1:1 time with patients and low caseload expectations.
Full Time Benefits and Incentives:
- UNMATCHED Con Ed program
- 300+ onsite, synchronous and asynchronous CEU accrediting courses.
- COMT, OCS, SCS, CSCS, Pelvic Health, NCS, Oncology, Dry Needling and additional certifications PAID
- Outlined and defined Mentorship Program with Protected Schedule
- FREE three month NPTE Prep Course *NEW OFFERING*
- Journal Clubs and Special Interest Groups
- Indefinite Student Loan Help Program
- Generous Paid Time Off + Holidays + Paid Sick Time with carryover
- Company matching 401(k)
- Multiple and affordable BC/BS PPO + HSA Options
For details, contact our regional recruiter, Shanel!
Sr. Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
At NovaCare, a division of Select Medical, we deliver quality in all that we do. We treat each other with respect and promote a positive environment where people feel valued. At NovaCare, we encourage dialogue that fosters inclusivity and growth. We are honest and open in our relationships and straightforward in our communications. At NovaCare, we work together to achieve our company objectives.
- Understand appropriate state practice acts and adhere to the laws which govern how physical therapists may practice and whom physical therapists may supervise.
- Complete and maintain all corporate & clinical services required training and maintain compliance with state/local/federal regulations.
- Evaluate, treat, and direct treatment for patients for whom physical therapy is medically necessary and document this need clearly.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, family members, and third-party payors at all times.
- Attend and/or participate in facility meetings as directed by the center manager (may include utilization review, infection control, disaster preparedness, etc.)
- Must be a graduate of an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) accredited school of physical therapy
- Valid State Physical Therapy License/ Registration REQUIRED to start
- Ability to work 40 hours per week with occasional late or early shifts to accommodate patients
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift. Must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility and in the community.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate reporting, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of electronic equipment.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.