Health Information Credentialing Technician - Inpatient Rehab
Edwin Shaw Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Cleveland Clinic*
Health Information Credentialing Technician
Performs functions related to preparation and scanning of medical records, inclusive of tracking medical records, filing, and retrieval of protected health information. Cross-trained in the release of information function and credentialing.
- Maintains a discharge list and verifies receipt of corresponding medical record.
- Files miscellaneous reports, correspondence into the medical record to ensure completeness.
- Performs release of information function and inquires for health information requests, inclusive of telephone coverage for the department consistent with regulatory requirements, state law, and hospital policy.
- Maintains positive working relationship with interdisciplinary treating team as necessary to medical record completion process.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of health information
- Assists manager with credentialing responsibilities such as maintain up to date files for medical and allied, up to date expirables. Works with CVO (credentialing verification organization) to obtain updated information.
- Crossed Trained in credentialing process as applicable.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience in Health information or credentialing department preferred
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Joint Commission standards preferred
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.