Telemetry Technician / Unit Secretary - Full Time - Nights
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Telemetry Technician/Monitor Technician
Hours: 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.
Pay: up to $24.24 an hour
Competitive shift differentials for nights and weekends
Why work for Select Specialty / Regency Hospitals? We are committed to your growth and success!
- Clinical Advancement Programs with bonus incentives
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver.
You will use independent judgment to provide clerical services to the patient care units, including correct transcription of orders, filing of all reports and arranging for transportation and follow-up/outside tests.
- Answering the telephone, taking and delivering messages by phone or verbally.
- Maintaining close communication with the Charge Nurse/House Supervisor.
- Handling all necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Ordering supplies, as needed, from Materials Management.
- Verifying physician privileges prior to transcribing orders.
- Appropriately transcribing and flagging orders from charts.
- Arranging for transport of patients for tests that are not offered in the hospital.
You are attentive to detail and organized, focused on being a customer-service oriented team member. You should have a strong knowledge of medical terminology, as you will be required to read and update patient charts.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with medical files and terminology.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred background as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Licensed Paramedic or RN nursing student with EKG training.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.