Claims Resolution Specialist (local, with remote option after 90 days)
Claims Resolution Specialist
(Remote Capable after the 90 days ON-SITE training in Camp Hill, PA)
Starting at $16.50/hr but flexible for experienced candidates
In order to be fully remote working for Select Medical in this position, candidate must have:
- A minimum of 2 years of healthcare collections experience (stable employment history)
- Experience working in a production based environment where daily, weekly and monthly goals are set and routinely met.
- Have experience with receiving feedback regarding quality of work.
- Self-Motivated and Accountable
- Experience in telephone collections not just on-line. Must be comfortable talking on the phone.
- Proficient in trouble shooting minor software and hardware issues
- Ability to work independently and resourceful in problem solving
- Childcare coverage if applicable – not a substitute for child care
- Private workspace in their home. Does not have to be an office but cannot be where others can view protected healthcare information while working.
- Appropriate WIFI capabilities.
Do you enjoy puzzles and research? Are you results-oriented? If so, our Claims Resolution Specialist position may be a phenomenal career for you within Select Medical! Our dynamic team has the responsibility of resolving outstanding insurance claims so that our patients are not impacted.
We offer an exceptional employee experience, full-time hours, full benefits, paid training, and advancement opportunities. Our team offers flexible, first shift, Monday through Friday schedules. This would include two fifteen minute breaks and one half-hour lunch. We allow for casual work attire, jeans are our norm!
- Investigate and follow-up on all open balances for accounts that have received a payment or denial, or that are greater than 30 days from billing. Contact responsible party to establish reason for non-payment document in system all verbal and written communication relative to open account balance, and institute timely follow-up with responsible party as a result of last contact to assure progress in resolving account with payment.
- Maintain consistent, productive, and timely follow-up, as often as is needed to collect on the account. Time between account follow up is not to exceed 30 days.
- Maintain a productivity of 20 to 25 accounts per day. This is subject to change based on volume changes and operational needs.
- Make outgoing calls to patients, insurance companies and attorneys regarding claim status in order to reduce both outstanding receivables.
- Regularly communicate with hospital staff and department management on any accounts receivable issues/problematic payor trends.
- Identify and resolve issues impacting the timely collection of open receivables.
- As necessary, request account adjustments as identified via write off requests and refund requests.
- Notify database operations of changes or additions to specific payor, plan, contract, address, or other pertinent information as necessary.
- Meet the expectations and goals for productivity and collections targets as set forth by management.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- One year of experience (2+ years for remote candidates) within a medical billing, medical collecting or claims processing role.
- Private and commercial claims collection experience (ideally provider side)
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office:
- Ability to work with multiple programs simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in metrics based role, where production/quality standards are upheld.
- Time management and organizational skills
- Proven experience with investigative research.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team to reach mutually established goals.
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and being open to change
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.