Physical Therapist Part Time - Kissimmee, FL
Select PT in Kissimmee, FL is HIRING an experienced Physical Therapist!
Join the BEST in outpatient Physical Therapy.
Select Physical Therapy in Kissimmee, FL is now hiring a part time physical therapist. Experienced outpatient physical therapists and pelvic health physical therapists, APPLY! Join our team of 4 PTs, 1 PTA and 2 OT/CHT within a large center with lots of equipment and space. We treat a variety of orthopedic patients from all ages, diagnoses and insurances (mainly HMO/PPO, FFP and w/c), specialty programs including LSVT BIG, vestibular, concussion, Lynx assessments, POETS, and Pelvic Health. We provide outpatient preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote the well-being of our patients. We utilize a variety of evidence-based treatment and manual therapy techniques to create individualized treatment plans that help each patient achieve their specific goals. Full Time potential!
Hours Needed: Part Time Mon - Fri. Flexible hours
Compensation: Starting at 40/hr. Starting hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Select Physical Therapy offers the country’s largest continuing education program. We are UNMATCHED meaning we offer the most CEU courses, certifications, residencies and journal clubs than any other company, industry-wide. Our Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapy (COMT) certification program is a dedicated yearlong program that includes outlined courses, monthly meetings, study groups and guides to stay on track toward your COMT goals. Other certifications available include, but not limited to; OCS, SCS, CSCS, Dry Needling, NCS, oncology, pelvic health (Herman & Wallace) and more.
- Understand appropriate state practice acts and adhere to the laws which govern how physical therapists may practice and whom physical therapists may supervise.
- Complete and maintain all corporate & clinical services required training and maintain compliance with state/local/federal regulations.
- Evaluate, treat, and direct treatment for patients for whom physical therapy is medically necessary and document this need clearly.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, family members, and third-party payors at all times.
- Attend and/or participate in facility meetings as directed by the center manager.
- Must be a graduate of an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) accredited school of physical therapy
- Valid State Physical Therapy License/ Registration REQUIRED to start
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift. Must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility and in the community.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate reporting, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of electronic equipment.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.