Physical Therapist (PT) - Outpatient
Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Penn State Health*
Physical Therapist (PT) - Full-Time
This role will support our outpatient operations
Benefits of being a Physical Therapist with us:
- Latest rehab technologies
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
- High success rates of patients being discharged home
- Clinical ladders to develop our therapists
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
- This position qualifies for our Loan Repayment Assistance program- full-time employees are eligible after their first 90 days
Here, you will provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, orthopedic issues, amputation, and multiples traumas.
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes appropriate treatment goals and treatment programs.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of patient’s status and goals, modifying treatment program for timely progression.
- Develops comprehensive goals for patient treatment to maximize patient outcomes and return to community activities.
- Coordinates treatment program in conjunction with other clinical/therapeutic services, as well as available community resources. Attends appropriate clinical meetings to facilitate coordination.
- Provides for patient education to include the development of comprehensive and progressive home programs with instruction to the patient, family and other caregivers as appropriate to facilitate a safe and effective discharge.
- Prepares for patient discharge inclusive of ordering of necessary equipment and recommendations for therapeutic services ensuring the continuum of care.
- Evaluates patient in the actual or simulated home, school, work or community environments as necessary to facilitate a return to community activities, making recommendations for necessary adaptations or training.
- Identifies and manages various levels of care necessary to ensure care plan delivery. Delegates and supervises the utilization of PTAs, as well as support personnel to maximize patient outcomes and ensure effective utilization of services.
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as a Physical Therapist is required.
- Certified BLS or completion in the first 90 days of employment is required.
- Home Care Requirements: One or more years of clinical experience and a valid state Driver’s License.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
*Post offer employment testing (POETs) are completed as part of the onboarding process - to be completed before an employee's first day of work.*
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.