Physical Therapist Assistant (Float) - Day Institute
SSM Health Day Institute (Neuro Rehab)
St. Charles, MO
Physical Therapist Assistant(Float)
SSM Health Day Institute is seeking a Physical Therapist Assistant to work in our specialized outpatient rehabilitation program. We have nine centers across the St. Louis Metro area serving individuals recovering from a traumatic injury or illness who no longer require 24-hour nursing or acute rehabilitative care. We take a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach to build skills and maximize independence. If you like working in a dynamic, collaborative environment and are passionate about helping the neurological and medically complex patient, apply today to explore a new career opportunity with us!
*Generous benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage
- Co-Pays for Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID)
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Clinical Ladder Program
- Excellent Orientation Program
- New Grad Mentorship
- Residency Programs
- National Continuing Education courses (local and online)
- Tuition Assistance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Productivity standards that allow for high quality patient care
Why choose us?
*We have been recognized numerous times by the St. Louis Post Dispatch as one of the "Top Workplaces" in St. Louis!*
Mission, commitment and vision
We are dedicated to providing an exceptional and positive patient experience -- we are passionate and love what we do, and it shows. Learn more about our mission.
To carry out our mission, we must be true to our values. We strive to see the world through the eyes of our patients and their families, our fellow employees, doctors, referral sources and job candidates. We value each of these experiences.
We have a vision of the care and experience we work to provide every day. It’s called the Select Medical Way. Upholding the Select Medical Way is to:
- Put the patient first — build trust, listen and communicate throughout his/her healing journey
- Help improve quality of life for the communities in which we live and work
- Welcome new ideas from all levels of the organization to continually improve
- Attract, train and retain the best possible team members
- Stand out from others by fully embracing high-quality clinical care and sharing a commitment to doing it right
- Under the direct supervision of a licensed PT, assists with the implementation of the therapy plan of care.
- Responsible for delegation and direction of supportive personnel for those assigned patients, in order to enhance patient care services.
- Consistently communicates with supervising PT in regard to scheduled patients to ensure identification of need for assessment and reassessment of patients, modification of treatment plans and other interventions requiring therapist direction.
- Participates in education of patients, families, students, coworkers and self.
- Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, within the scope of practice.
- Education: Associate’s Degree in a PT Assistant program required.
- Current and valid state licensure or eligibility for licensure as a Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) required.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
“Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.”
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.