Occupational Therapist - Hand Therapy
Do you want to work in sunny California?
Now Hiring for a Full Time Hand Therapy Occupational Therapist in San Rafael, CA!
STUDENT DEBT BENEFIT PROGRAM!
SIGN ON BONUS
Per Diem (PRN), Full Time and Part Time Available!
Select Physical Therapy is seeking a full time therapist for our outpatient orthopedic clinic in San Rafael, CA. You do NOT have to be a Certified Hand Therapist to be considered. Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in hand therapy and splinting is highly preferred. Select Physical Therapy is a part of Select Medical’s outpatient division, and is the leading employer for hand therapy throughout the country with over 300 CHTs and 600 hand therapists in 32 states.
You will work closely with a large group of CHTs, working together in the region for support, education, and schedule coverage. You will have incredible opportunities for career development, mentoring other Hand Therapists, and leadership.
Our clinics are fully equipped to provide care to patients ranging from post-surgical cases, to non-operative conditions, to work conditioning. You will have the opportunity to work closely with excellent hand surgeons. If you are looking for a stable company with an ACTIVE, GROWING and THRIVING national Hand Therapy program, let's talk!
Select Physical Therapy offers:
- SIGN ON BONUS
- STUDENT DEBT BENEFIT PROGRAM
- Unmatched Continuing Education Program
- Full-time status at 32 hours
- Internal CHT Mentorship Program
- Markets Managed Locally
- Employee Discounts and perks on good and services
- And much more!
Additional Hand Therapy Opportunities Include:
- Reimbursement of CHT exam fees and Re-certification exam fees upon passing
- FREE and UNLIMITED CEU accredited courses!
- Internal education department offers: National UE symposium, UE COMT Certification Course, National journal club, National CHT study group, National hand therapy mentorship program, free local CEU’s, webinar training programs, National bulletin boards and blogs, and free journal access.
- Opportunities to observe in physician clinics and work in contracted positions in physician’s clinics
- Opportunities for research activities and publications
- Opportunities to deliver unique programs to industrial workers: on-site visits, on-site therapy, work conditioning, FCE, ergonomic assessments and pre-employment testing.
- Work alongside our staff that includes national speakers and educators, researchers, therapists published in textbooks and peer reviewed journals, and active leaders in national associations.
- Understand appropriate state Practice Act and adhere to the laws which govern how Occupational Therapists may practice and whom Occupational Therapists may supervise.
- Develop objective patient goals and establish the type, frequency and duration of occupational therapy in collaboration with the referring physician.
- Responsible for the supervision and delegation of the occupational therapy care for each patient within the guideline of state rules and federal regulations.
- Responsible for the alteration of each patient’s program as changes in the patient’s status occur.
- Demonstrate completion of patient care responsibilities and documentation requirements in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Participate in student clinical affiliation programs in agreement with Select Medical student manual.
- Provide comprehensive and individualized treatment programs.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new programs or procedures with the approval of the manager and referring physicians per HIPPA guidelines.
- Communicate pertinent patient information to referring physicians, staff, employers, insurance carriers, and rehabilitation specialists.
- Enhances, develops and expands relationships with referral sources and maintains positive level of interaction with facilities and clients.
- Stay current and up to date with Occupational Therapy research and employ Evidence Based Practice (RCB, clinician expertise, patient perception).
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational Therapy.
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions. Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate reporting, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of electronic equipment.
- Possess grasp ability for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.