Select Medical is seeking self-motivated accountant to join the shared services lease accounting team. This position offers an aspiring candidate the opportunity to develop and refine their accounting and systems skillsets and to collaborate with each of the accounting divisions at Select Medical.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the end-to-end lease process and ensure all necessary controls, processes and procedures are designed correctly and followed to support accounting and financial reporting objectives.
- Develop subject matter expertise in AMT Direct (AMT), the Company’s lease administration / lease accounting solution.
- Leverage AMT in order to facilitate the Company’s accounting for leases.
- Consistently apply lease accounting principles under ASC 842.
- Account for new leases, lease amendments, renewals and other lease modifications. Ensure complete and accurate lease calculations and journal entries are recorded on a timely basis consistent with the monthly accounting close cadence.
- Prepare reconciliations of subsidiary systems (AMT) to general ledger balance sheet accounts including right of use assets and lease liabilities. Facilitate resolution of reconciliation variances in a timely manner.
- Prepare and provide reporting and other information to stakeholders to facilitate an understanding of leasing activities and support other activities such as budgeting, acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in accounting or finance required
- Relevant experience in lease accounting/auditing preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills
- Experience with large-scale financial systems (Oracle, SAP) and/or lease accounting software a plus
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Develop collaborative relationships with multiple departments on campus
- Campus with access to walking trails and beautiful outdoor rest areas.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join our team!
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.**
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.