Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) - Arlington Heights, IL
RUSH PT has an immediate need for a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) in Arlington Heights, IL!
Sign on Bonus up to $3,000!!!
The ATC will work with a team providing sports medicine at the collegiate level! We are seeking a highly motivated Certified Athletic Trainer to join a team of ATC's for collegiate outreach contract.
Work schedule: College schedule. Treatment and rehabs during the day as well as afternoon/evening coverages. Saturdays and occasional Sundays depending on sports schedules.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, starting at $45,000/yr
• UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU courses, national certifications and more. FREE!
• Company matching 401(k)
• Affordable PPO Benefits
• Generous Paid Time Off
RUST PT is part of Select Medical's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1900 locations in 39 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- Athletic training room management
- On-field injury management
- Prevention programs
- Directing and communication of care
- Performs injury evaluations of varsity student-athletes.
- Provides appropriate medical treatment to injured or ill student-athletes.
- Responsible for rehabilitation on athletic related injuries.
- Provides first aid and emergency care when necessary.
- Refers student-athletes to appropriate medical facilities including scheduling student-athletes for medical appointments
- Attends home games and practices for assigned teams.
- Work evening and weekend hours as assigned.
- Needs to be flexible with schedule changes while following the given clinic and sports coverage schedule
- Communicates with team physicians regarding treatment and follow-up care of student-athletes.
- Documents injury reports, progress notes, and team physician doctor’s clinics
- Files and coordinates medical insurance claims for assigned student-athletes.
- Coordinates preseason physicals with coaches, student-athletes and team physicians.
- Communicates on a daily basis with coaches regarding the status of their student-athletes.
- Coordinates preventative injury programs while working with the strength and conditioning specialist.
- Maintains all certifications (NATABOC, CPR, First Aid) and licenses (Illinois State)
- Collects and files all student-athlete’s medical forms
- Demonstrated understanding of customer service to the student-athletes and coaches.
- Follows and enforces all Athletic Training Room rules.
- Current BOC Certification
- Able to obtain or currently Licensed as an Athletic Trainer (ATC) in the state of Illinois
- Bachelors Degree in Athletic Training Required
- Experience working for an intercollegiate athletic program preferred
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED certifications
- Must be extremely well organized and highly motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
• Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing athletes, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
• Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.