Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Dialysis Technician / HD Technician
$3500 Sign-on bonus
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
- Prepares, operates, and monitors hemodialysis machines and systems to provide dialysis treatment for patient with kidney failure.
- Attaches dialyzer and tubing to machine to assemble for use.
- Mixes dialysate, according to formula.
- Initiates dialysis via approved accesses, overserves all safety measures, takes and monitors patient vital signs, administers fluid therapy or other appropriate treatments as directed, and documents activity appropriately.
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal regulations for patient care and services.
- Reviews dialysis orders, notes general physical and mental condition of patient through observations and interview; documents observations.
- Observes dialysis machines and RO water system for correct functioning, responds to visual and audible alarms, and makes appropriate adjustments before, during, and after the dialysis treatment.
- Monitors patient for adverse reactions.
- Dismantles, cleans, and disinfects dialysis machines and equipment.
- Either: Valid state license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- At least two (2) years of experience in an acute care setting is preferred.
- OR High School diploma or G.E.D. and at least 6 months' experience as hemodialysis technician and:
- CCHT required upon hire
- Center for Medicaid/Medicare Services (CMS) approved state and/or national certification.
- Applicable state licensure, education and training.
- Meets necessary requirements of Ishihara’s Color Blindness Test.
- BLS certification.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.