Certified Athletic Trainer - Payson, AZ
Banner Physical Therapy is looking for a Full Time Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) in Payson, AZ!
Sign on/Retention Bonus Available!
We are in need of a full time certified athletic trainer for our high school sports contract at Payson High School - 3A high school with about 400 student-athletes. Great, supportive school community. There will be no clinic responsibilities. Per Diem opportunities for contracted events will occur on the occasional weekend during the school year for additional compensation starting at $30/hr.
Compensation: commensurate with experience, starting at $55,000/yr
Schedule: M-F 12:30pm – 8:30pm (variable start and end times depending on school practice and game schedules). Occasional Saturdays and Sundays during football season and for misc. school tournaments and games.
- UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU accrediting courses and more! FREE
- Affordable PPO Benefits
- Company matching 401(k)
- Sign on/Retention Bonus
- We will pay for AZ state licensure and fingerprint clearance cards
- GENEROUS Paid Time Off plus Holidays and more!
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 39 states, plus the District of Columbia. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payers and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Follows the direction of a licensed individual to assist with the compliance of policies regarding: admissions, patient care, patient record keeping, and Medicare policies.
- Implements exercise, pool, and isokinetic programs as directed by the licensed individual.
- Performs, without interpretations, selected measurement procedures such as isokinetic testing, range of motion, gross strength of muscle groups, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs.
- Reports verbally and in writing modifications to the plan of care to the licensed individual. Measures and adjusts crutches and canes and instructs in their use and care.
- Administers therapeutic modalities effectively and safely as indicated by physician prescription.
- Records changes in treatment plan relative to athlete response.
- Measures and adjusts crutches and canes and instructs in their use and care.
- Establishes and maintains accurate medical files for each student involved in interscholastic athletics including: injury, treatment, and rehabilitation.
- Reports all pertinent findings to the team physician.
- Determines the need for and administers proper athletic training techniques prior to and during games/practices to decrease risk of injury.
- Athletic training techniques can include: taping, wrapping, bracing, and minor wound care
- Determines the effectiveness of athletic training techniques and rehabilitative techniques.
- Assists the physician and coach in determining when an injured athlete can safely return to participation and competition.
- Establish - with the assistance of appropriate members of the out-reach contract coaching staff - specific protocols for conditioning exercises and nutrition programs to reduce the likeliness of injury.
* Subject to limitations imposed by state and/or local law.
- Must be a graduate of an ATC accredited school or NATA certified.
- Must have received certification from the Board of Certification for the Athletic Trainer.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification/ AED certification/ First Aid certification
- State Licensure (AZ)
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift. Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions. Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.