Certified Hand Therapist (OT) PRN - Sun City - Ruskin FL
Certified Hand therapists (Occupational Therapist) needed for coverage in Sun City Center!
Are you passionate about your profession and motivated to become the best in Hand Therapy? If so, Select Physical Therapy is the employer for you as we are the leading employer for hand therapy throughout the country with over 300 CHT’s and 250 therapists becoming CHT’s in 32 states. Calling local certified hand therapist in Homestead seeking PRN hours to apply for immediate consideration!
Select Physical Therapy is the country's largest employer of hand therapists currently seeking local certified hand therapists (CHT) for our outpatient center in Ruskin, FL. Join a team of 2 full-time OT/CHTs at our Sun City Center facility, treating 9-10 VPD, supporting our growing population of hand therapy patients. This would include a mix of hand therapy and orthopedic patient caseload. You would be the only hand therapists on staff BUT you are surrounded by a network of hand therapists to support you.
Post op hands/wrists; splitting, workers compensation patients. Our locations are fully equipped to provide care to patients ranging from post surgical, non-operative to work conditioning. You will have the opportunity to work closely with excellent hand surgeons. If you are looking for a stable company with an ACTIVE, GROWING and THRIVING national Hand Therapy program, please apply immediately!
We are unable to offer medical benefits if you are working less than 32 hours in a week, but can discuss your participation in our local CEU accrediting courses once you are on board.
Work Hours: As Needed Mon - Fri
Compensation: Starting at $40/hr! Starting hourly rate commensurate with experience!
- Responsible for the evaluation, plan of care, treatment, re-evaluation, discharge, and appropriate communications of high quality hand therapy services to patients and customers.
- Develop treatment plans, supervise assistants and aides, contribute to case management, and provide quality patient care.
- Maintain positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational Therapy.
- Must hold specialty certification or licensure in Hand Therapy.
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED.
- Minimum of two years experience in application of custom splinting pre and post-op orthopedic required.
- Minimum two years in adult rehabilitation; hand and splinting experience required.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Valid state driver’s license
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate writing of reports, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of dictation equipment.
- Possess grasp ability sufficient for cutting splint material.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.