Hand Therapist-Occupational Therapist - Des Moines, IA
Certified hand therapists (CHT) and occupational therapist aspiring to become a CHT- we are hiring in Des Moins, IA
Select Physical Therapy in Des Moines, IA is seeking a full time occupational therapist-hand therapist for our outpatient orthopedic location center. A certified hand therapist (CHT) is HIGHLY preferred, but we are willing to consider occupational therapists (OT) with a level II fieldwork in hands (required). We CAN mentor an occupational therapist or physical therapists aspiring to be a certified hand therapist. You will be working in the same center with our hand therapist.
We have a network of hand therapists and certified hand therapists for support and welcome experienced hand therapists and certified hand therapists to join a national leader in hand therapy.
We are looking for a dynamic individual ready to grow and continue developing our hand programs in your community.
Compensation starting at $68,000 annual base
Full Time Benefits Include:
- UNMATCHED Continuing Education program with internal CEU accrediting courses, certifications (CHT, COMT, etc) , journal clubs, study groups and more.
- Company matching 401(k)
- Generous Paid Time Off plus Holidays
- Affordable PPO Benefits with Tobacco Free Discounts and more.
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with more than 1900 locations in 40 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- Responsible for the evaluation, plan of care, treatment, re-evaluation, discharge, and appropriate communications of high quality hand therapy services to patients and customers.
- Develop treatment plans, supervise assistants and aides, contribute to case management, and provide quality patient care.
- Maintain positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Stay current and up to date with Occupational Therapy research and employ Evidence Based Practice (RCB, clinician expertise, patient perception).
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational Therapy
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED.
- Level II field work or Hand Therapy clinical rotation in school in lieu of two years of hand therapy experience.
- Specialty certification or licensure in Hand Therapy or able to sit for exam
- Minimum of two years experience in application of custom splinting pre and post-op orthopedic required.
- Minimum two years in adult rehabilitation; hand and splinting experience required.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate writing of reports, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of dictation equipment.
- Possess grasp ability sufficient for cutting splint material.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.