Physical Therapist Assistant- Allegany County MD (OP Ortho PRN)
NovaCare Rehabilitation Westernport (OP Ortho) is seeking licensed per diem physical therapist assistants
Experience the power of physical therapy! Our community-oriented outpatient orthopedic center is looking for a compassionate, caring and driven licensed physical therapist assistant to provide exceptional patient care to patients of all ages and abilities. We treat a diverse population of pediatrics through geriatrics offering aquatic therapy as well. Our highly trained and respected clinical team provides treatment services that maximize functionality and promote the best optimal outcomes for our patients. We ARE able to consider new graduates. Previous outpatient experience is a PLUS. This is as needed (per diem/PRN) with no set schedule.
An ideal LPTA is able to cover a full eight (8) hour day for leave of our current clinicians. We are also open to consider four (4) hour or half day coverage. Additional hours with our assisted living facility in Cumberland may become available.
Location: 21907 Westernport Road SW, Westernport MD 21562
Per Diem (PRN) Schedule: Preferably eight (8) hours, as needed, Mon-Thurs 8a-6p and/or Fri 8a-2p
Benefits: Access to our local and online CEU accrediting courses focused on outpatient skills development
Compensation: Hourly based on relative outpatient experience
Apply today or contact our recruiter, Shanel
Sr. Recruiter- Outpatient Division
NovaCare Rehabilitation, LifeBridge and HealthWorks
- Responsible for patient care under the direction and supervision of a licensed physical therapist as mandated by State Practice Act.
- Possesses training and education which allows him/her to assist the Physical Therapist in carrying out prescribed treatment program.
- Implements, with minimal supervision, high quality physical therapy services for patients, caregivers and facilities in accordance with the principals and practices of physical therapy and with Select Medical policies and procedures.
- Develops treatment plans, supervises assistants and aides, contributes to case management, and provides quality patient care.
- Maintains positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhances and expands client relations with facilities and their staff.
- A valid state license (where applicable), registration or certification as a Physical Therapist Assistant upon graduation from an approved curriculum for Physical Therapist Assistants, and having passed a national examination for Physical Therapist Assistants certified by the CAPTE.
- State license and/or certification must be valid in the state in which the individual will practice.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift. Must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.