Respiratory Therapist (RT), Full-Time + $10K Sign On Bonus
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
1199 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange, NJ 07052
Respiratory Therapist - Inpatient Rehab
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Shift Hours: Full-Time, 7am - 7pm, Days
(This includes weekday and weekend shifts)
Excellent opportunity is currently available for a respiratory therapist to join our Respiratory Team at our West Orange campus.
Benefits of becoming a respiratory therapist with us:
- Start Pay: $40/hr! (Negotiable based on years of experience)
- Student Debt Benefit Program
- Clinical Advancement Program with bonus incentvies
- 3x/12HR Shifts
- Thorough orientation program
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability & more)
- Manageable case loads
- Team-oriented and collaborative culture
Respiratory Therapist provides quality patient care as a member of the Respiratory Team, providing intensive respiratory care and patient transport into and out of the facility as medically prescribed, within the scope of professional license and with minimal supervision.
Job Duties Include:
- Performs advanced life support procedures including tracheal intubation using independent judgment in coordinating patient's respiratory care plans and needs with the physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff.
- Confers with physicians to formulate and coordinate alternative forms of therapy according to patient need.
- Initiates patient-ventilator weaning procedures under the direction of the physician.
- Performs basic trach care including but not limited to routine and emergent trach tube changes.
- Monitors patient's respiratory status using competent bedside assessment skills and maintains awareness of patient pH/electrolyte balance, ABG values, renal, neurological, and orthopedic functions as applicable to the delivery of respiratory care.
- Must possess "Active" credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) or state equivalent
- BLS certification required.
- Current state license required.
- ACLS required upon hire.
- 1 year of related experience preferred.
- Critical Care experience in a hospital setting preferred.
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
- Food and Nutrition Services
Post offer employment testing (POETs) are completed as part of the onboarding process - to be completed before an employee's first day of work.
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network