Physical Therapist Assistant- Anne Arundel County
Experience the power of physical therapy with NovaCare in Annapolis, MD!
Per diem, part time and full time outpatient orthopedic physical therapist assistant (PTA) opportunities available.
NovaCare in Annapolis, MD is seeking a licensed Physical Therapist Assistants for our outpatient orthopedic center in Anne Arundel County.
We are seeking full time licensed physical therapist assistant (PTA) for a 40 hour work week treating two evenings until 8pm with last patient scheduled at 7pm. All other days are earlier. We treat a diverse caseload offering rehabilitative programs in general orthopedics, sports medicine, post surgical, vestibular, concussion and geriatric/ fall prevention.
Previous experience in outpatient orthopedics is a PLUS, but new graduate physical therapists assistants are WELCOME to apply as we can support your growth and development. Mentorship available. We have a large clinical team able to support.
Full time employee benefits include:
- UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU courses, national certifications and more.
- Outlined and defined mentorship with protected schedule.
- 300+ onsite, synchronous and asynchronous CEU accrediting courses. (.75-14 CEUs)
- Graston, KT Tape and additional certifications and more PAID
- Company matching 401(k)
- Affordable PPO Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off + Holidays + Sick Time
- Competitive salary, BONUS and more!
Those interested in per diem and part time hours, we CAN discuss your participation in local CEU accrediting courses and our company matching 401(k) once you are on board.
For Details Contact:
Sr. Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
Select Physical Therapy and NovaCare Rehabilitation
- Responsible for patient care under the direction and supervision of a licensed physical therapist as mandated by State Practice Act.
- Possesses training and education which allows him/her to assist the Physical Therapist in carrying out prescribed treatment program.
- Implements, with minimal supervision, high quality physical therapy services for patients, caregivers and facilities in accordance with the principals and practices of physical therapy and with Select Medical policies and procedures.
- Develops treatment plans, supervises assistants and aides, contributes to case management, and provides quality patient care.
- Maintains positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhances and expands client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
- A valid state license, registration or certification as a Physical Therapist Assistant upon graduation from an approved curriculum for Physical Therapist Assistants, and having passed a national examination for Physical Therapist Assistants certified by the CAPTE.
- State license and/or certification must be valid in the state in which the individual will practice.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network