Nutrition Assistant - Per Diem
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
1199 Pleasant Valley way West Orange NJ 07052
Shift Hours: Per Diem/PRN - As needed basis
(This includes weekday and weekend shifts)
We are currently seeking a Full-Time, Food Service Aide for our rehab hospital in West Orange, NJ. This entry level position allows you to exercise your customer service skills and serve patients in an impactful way.
Benefits of becoming a Nutrition Assistant with us:
- Start Pay: $18/hr!
- 8-hour shifts
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Team-oriented culture
- Flexible scheduling
- Working with a great dietary team
- Ability to grow and learn new skills
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation opportunities
A Nutrition Assistant performs numerous duties related to patient menu systems. Responsible for patient food service contact, patient menu management, obtaining patient menu selections, data collection and communication of patient food service needs. Follows standard practices and complies with regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency of menu management system.
- Prepare, assemble, deliver and retrieve patient menus/ menu selections according to prescribed diets.
- Assist patients in completing menu selections compliant with prescribed diet.
- Offer alternative menu, as allowed on prescribed diet and in accordance with food allergies, food sensitivities, and cultural, ethnic, and religious preferences.
- Update and/or validate diet changes in the patient menu system with the most current diet order.
- Update and/or validate menu and nourishment labeling is compliant with most current diet order. Create, print and place menu labels as needed.
- Communicates patient care and food service issues to the department.
- Print and distribute reports, such as meal tallies, patient diet lists and nourishment lists.
- Follow HIPAA and Joint Commission guidelines in accordance with organizational and departmental policies.
- Perform clerical assignments in Food & Nutrition office including faxing, answering phones, filing, photocopying, etc.
- Maintains organization and efficiency of department office.
- Follows up with inquiries and requests in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain proper levels of office and menu supplies.
- Attend in-services and other departmental related meetings.
- Assists tray line, food service aides or catering as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous office experience or equivalent required
- Working knowledge of therapeutic diets preferred
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation is a division of the Select Medical Corporation that provides physical medicine and rehabilitation programs and services. For more than 70 years, Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation has pioneered the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Today, Kessler is a leader in the specialized care and treatment of individuals with stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, limb loss, orthopedic trauma, cancer, cardiac recovery and other complex injuries or illnesses. Recognized as one of the nation’s ‘Best Hospitals’ by U.S. News & World Report for 30 consecutive years, Kessler is currently ranked the no. 4 rehabilitation hospital.
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network