Director of Plant Operations
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Director of Plant Operations
At Rush Specialty Hospital, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Are you resourceful in overcoming obstacles? Are you a results-oriented team player? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
In this role, you are responsible for overseeing all aspects of the maintenance of the facility and grounds, the provision of utilities, the restoration and renovation of the facility and new construction.
- Planning, directing, and supervising all administrative and technical aspects of the department.
- Developing, reviewing, and managing the activities of self and other personnel in the department.
- Actively participating in all hospital committees which impact this department, with specific responsibility on the Safety and Infection Control Committees.
- Establishing and maintaining a Quality Control Program.
- Responsible for maintaining and Environment of Care and OSHA standards in accordance current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
We are seeking results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience in provision of maintenance, environmental services, and related services
- Knowledge of JCAHO/OSHA/NFPA/ASHRAE and other regulations and standards required.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- College Degree related to building construction and maintenance preferred.
- Experience in a hospital environment strongly preferred
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network