Chief Nursing Officer (CNO)
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
CHIEF NURSING OFFICER (CNO)
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Are you resourceful in overcoming obstacles? Do you wish to build your career with other top performers? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
As the clinical leader for your facility, you will collaborate with your CEO and your Human Resources leader to tackle problems and enhance both the employee and patient experience. You will learn high standard leadership skills, work with respiratory and rehabilitation departments, and lead a highly skilled clinical team.
- Resolve staffing ratios and work with the senior nursing staff to improve the quality of care.
- Engage with your regional leaders on staffing initiatives, including leading educational programs for new graduates and re-entry nurses.
- Have fiscal responsibility to ensure that budgets are met and that costs are controlled within the hospital.
- Treat others as they would like to be treated and aim to create a supportive and engaging culture for your employees.
You are passionate about providing a superior patient and employee experience. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing required unless otherwise approved by SVP, Clinical Operations.
- At least three (3) years of work experience or equivalent in an administrative position.
- Up to date Nursing license in the state.
- Evidence of active participation in continuing education in Nursing Executive Management and Health Care Administration
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date.
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Master's degree preferred.
- Having experience with vents, hemodynamics, critical drips, ET Tubes and wounds.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network