Physical Therapist - Per Diem Inpatient Morgantown, WV
Mon Health (MHMC)
HealthWorks Rehabilitation and Fitness - Morgantown, WV
Inpatient Physical Therapist (PRN)
HealthWorks is the inpatient therapy provider within Mon Health of Morgantown, WV. Our inpatient hospital and multidisciplinary team of clinicians is seeking per diem (PRN) physical therapists (PT) for as needed coverage. Ideally seeking PTs for weekend days and holidays averaging 2-3 weekends per month and 1-2 holidays per year. Our 188 bed acute care hospital is open all year with additional hours available based on needs that may include census influx, vacation, sick and personal leave of current clinicians. With our PRN/ per diem, there are no set hours or requirements/commitments of time on either end. Previous experience is HIGHLY preferred but we are OK considering new graduate physical therapists.
We provide advance treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Medical benefits are unavailable if you are treating less than 32 hours but we CAN discuss your participation in our local CEU accrediting courses once you are on board.
To discuss your availability for our IP or local OP center needs, please do reach out to Shanel.
Sr. Regional Recruiter
HealthWorks and Mon Health
Maryland, D.C., DE and West Virginia
- Understand appropriate state practice acts and adhere to the laws which govern how physical therapists may practice and whom physical therapists may supervise.
- Complete and maintain all corporate & clinical services required training and maintain compliance with state/local/federal regulations.
- Evaluate, treat, and direct treatment for patients for whom physical therapy is medically necessary and document this need clearly.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, family members, and third-party payors at all times.
- Attend and/or participate in facility meetings as directed by the center manager (may include utilization review, infection control, disaster preparedness, etc.)
- Must be a graduate of an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) accredited school of physical therapy
- Valid State Physical Therapy License/ Registration REQUIRED to start
- Ability to work 40 hours per week with occasional late or early shifts to accommodate patients
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift. Must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility and in the community.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate reporting, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of electronic equipment.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
HealthWorks is a part of a larger outpatient network of locally driven providers of physical rehabilitation with 1900+ locations in 39 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
HealthWorks is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network