Speech Language Pathologist - Per Diem
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehab
Speech Language Pathologist/McKinney, TX
Outpatient Division / PRN
PRN Rate: $55.00
- We currently offer six professional residency programs that you would be eligible to apply for Ortho, Pelvic Health, Sports, Neuro, Acute, and Oncology
- In-house NAIOMT program for manual therapy advancement with fellowship opportunities
- Clinical Ladder - Opportunity for staff clinicians to bonus an additional $2000 - $3500 based on extra-curricular activities
- National education courses and local online CEU library free to full-time employees
- Potential annual bonus based on overall clinic performance
- Student loan repayment assistance
Also, as a member of the Select Medical Corporation, should life take you to a different area of the country in the future, we have an extensive network of sister companies that could allow for easy transfer without interruption to your benefits.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation (BSWIR) is seeking a PRN speech pathologist based at our McKinney Lake Forest clinic. BSWIR Outpatient has an interdisciplinary team model working closely with physical therapy and occupational therapy. We are searching for candidates with experience in treating motor speech, adult language, cognitive-communication disorders, and dysphagia. We work as part of the continuum of care, striving to return patients to their premorbid level of functioning. Adult outpatient therapy consists of diagnostics and treatment of stroke, acquired brain injury, dysphagia, MS, Parkinson's disease, dementia and other medical complexities in an interdisciplinary setting. Experience with LSVT or SPEAK OUT! is preferred, but not required. Our outpatient speech therapy team includes experienced clinicians with specialties in a variety of areas, which serve as great mentors. Require at least 2-3 years of experience treating the adult neuro population.
Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and modifies treatment plan in accordance with the patient’s need and physician direction. Responsible for delegation and direction of all discipline-specific therapy services for those assigned patients. Ensures the design of functional treatment programs allowing for an effective return to community activities. Serves as an educator of patients, families, students, co-workers and self. Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, development of discipline-specific therapy services and design of program delivery.
- Evaluate assigned patients and establish appropriate treatment goals and programs.
- Coordinate treatment program in conjunction with other clinical/therapeutic services as available community resources.
- Develop comprehensive goals for patient treatment to maximize patient outcomes and return to community activities.
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist required.
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech-Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language & Hearing Association or eligibility for Certification pending professional experience required.
- Certified BLS or completion in the first 90 days of employment required.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network