Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) - New Port Richey FL
Select Physical Therapy in New Port Richey, FL seeks
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant for Hand Therapy!
Calling local certified occupational therapy assistants (COTA) looking for per diem hours! Check out Select Physical Therapy in New Port Richey, FL!! We are seeking per diem Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants with hand therapy experience for as needed coverage in our outpatient location. New Occupational Therapy Assistant graduates with Hand Therapy Level 2 Internship or experienced COTA Hand Therapist, APPLY! Occupational therapy assistant will treat various upper extremity disorders ranging from tendon injuries, sprains- strains, post- operative fractures, etc. Our population is primarily orthopedic injuries with referrals from hand and orthopedic surgeons.
Best practices and evidence-based programs are utilized for individualized patient care. You will work closely with a (large) group of CHTs, working together in the region for support, education and schedule coverage. Our clinics are fully equipped to provide care to patients ranging from post-surgical, non-operative to work conditioning. You will have the opportunity to work closely with excellent hand surgeons. If you are looking for a stable company with an ACTIVE, GROWING and THRIVING national Hand Therapy program, let's talk!
Work Hours: Mon - Fri As Needed
Benefits. Participation in our robust con ed program
- Our internal education department offers a : National UE symposium, additional certification course available for UE COMT, National journal club, National CHT study group, National hand therapy mentorship program, free local CEU’s, webinar training programs, National bulletin boards and blogs, free journal access.
- These internal CEU accredited courses are FREE and UNLIMITED
- Hand team meetings in each local area and virtual meetings and training available.
- Clinical Case Studies & Newsletters
- Opportunities to observe in physician clinics and work in contracted positions in physician’s clinics
- Opportunity for research activities and publications
- Opportunity to teach internal courses on a national and local level and contribute to other educational activities
- Opportunity to develop and participate in program development for special populations
- Opportunity to deliver unique programs to industrial workers: on-site visits, on site therapy, work conditioning, FCE, ergonomic assessments and pre-employment testing.
- Our staff includes national speakers and educators, researchers, therapists published in textbooks and peer reviewed journals, active leaders in national associations.
- We provide services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools
- Responsible for the evaluation, plan of care, treatment, re-evaluation, discharge, and appropriate communications of high quality hand therapy services to patients and customers.
- Develop treatment plans, supervise assistants and aides, contribute to case management, and provide quality patient care.
- Maintain positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational Therapy Assisting
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED
- New graduate with Level 11 Internship in hand therapy or experienced COTA Hand Therapist
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Valid state driver’s license
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate writing of reports, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of dictation equipment.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1900 locations in 38 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network