Occupational Therapist (Full Time) - Outpatient Oncology (The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders)
Experience the power of cancer rehabilitation with BSW Rehab in Fort Worth, TX!
Select Medical complies with state and federal wage and hour laws. Compensation depends upon candidate’s years of experience and internal equity. Starting salary with minimum required 2 years experience - $73,840.
BSW Rehab has an exciting opportunity to be a part of our clinic within The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders in Fort Worth (TCCBD). We are seeking a full time Occupational Therapist (and/or Center Manager) to help people impacted by various cancer diagnoses return to what matters most to them. This position involves serving people with a variety of cancer and treatment-related needs, such as post-operative care, deconditioning, lymphedema management, and a wide variety of musculoskeletal needs. The newly renovated space inside TCCBD allows for the unique opportunity to work alongside TCCBD leadership, practitioners, and case managers, as an integral member of the multidisciplinary cancer care team as we provide exceptional patient care. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, dependable, organized, and flexible, with excellent communication and relationship building skills. At least 2 years licensed clinical experience with a strong orthopedic background and experience in cancer rehabilitation and lymphedema management is required. We will support lymphedema certification training for candidates with lymphedema experience but not yet certified.
Seize the opportunity to join our highly trained and respected ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation Program team, who provide rehabilitative services to help improve the quality of life for people affected by cancer. The ReVital team provides the necessary education and training for therapists invested in treating our diverse patient population, which must be completed within the first 6-12 months of employment. Our work environment offers a great opportunity to provide quality care to our patients and grow with the nation's leader in outpatient physical therapy.
Benefits of becoming a Therapist with us:
We strive to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID)
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Clinical Ladder Program
- New Clinician Mentorship
- Continuing Education
Interested in learning more about this or other opportunities? Reach out to Melissa Thess, PT, CLT - Director of Talent Acquisition for ReVital at [email protected] or 717.418.9635.
As an Occupational Therapist at one of our Outpatient Rehabilitation Facilities, you will work with a team of clinicians. Together we will help our patients achieve outlined goals and milestones on their individual patient care plan.
- Initial and ongoing systematic patient assessment
- Timely and accurate documentation using Net Health
- Interpreting assessment/diagnostic data including medical notes and surgery reports
- Ensuring medical orders are transcribed and processed accurately
- Promoting continuous quality improvement
- Instructing and counseling patients/families as needed
Our ideal team member is…
- Adaptable and Flexible: willing to adapt or adjust to accommodate your colleagues and patients
- Patient-centric: the patient always comes first and we treat every patient with care
- An exceptional communicator: someone who communicates proactively and with empathy
- Detail-oriented: people count on you to ensure all the details are done correctly the first time around
- Team Player: you will be an integral part of a clinical team
So we want to know…
- Are you someone who puts the needs of your patients above all else?
- Are you one of the most positive people you know?
- Are you at your best when you get to determine your goals and decide on the direction of your day?
- Do you hate the phrase, “that’s not my job!”?
If you answered yes to these questions, being a ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation therapist at Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation may be a great fit for you!
Who is Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation?
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation (BSWIR) is a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health System and Select Medical, serving as the largest not-for-profit health care system in the state of Texas.
BSWIR is dedicated to helping patients find their way back from all types of injuries, illnesses and chronic conditions. We offer a network of inpatient rehabilitation facilities, outpatient therapy centers and home health services throughout North and Central Texas to help patients return to independent and productive lifestyles.
We provide care for the most challenging and medically complex patients, including those with traumatic brain injury, traumatic spinal cord injury and patients requiring ventilation. Our flagship hospital located across from Baylor University Medical Center has been repeatedly recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top 25 rehabilitation facilities in the nation
- Successful completion of those educational requirements as mandated for state licensure or eligibility for a license in Occupational Therapy
- Current State licensure or eligibility for licensure in the State of practice
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required
- Ability to work 40 hours per week with occasional late or early shifts to accommodate patients
- At least 2 years licensed clinical outpatient orthopedic experience required
- Cancer rehabilitation experience
- Lymphedema experience
- Lymphedema certification
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a workday/shift. Must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a workday/shift
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility and in the community
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate reporting, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence, and presentations, either manually or through use of electronic equipment
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment
Do you strive to join a fast-paced, mission-focused team that is changing the world for people living with and beyond cancer? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply today!
ReVital is an innovative oncology rehabilitation program offered exclusively by Select Medical. Our mission is to deliver outcomes that matter to our patients throughout the cancer journey by understanding their needs and goals and providing specialized, comprehensive services at the hands of compassionate, dedicated clinicians. Our vision is to establish comprehensive cancer rehabilitation as a standard of care for people affected by cancer.
Our network of 800+ specially trained therapists work closely with oncologists and people affected by cancer to create personalized rehabilitation plans. Utilizing physical, occupational, and speech therapies, ReVital specialists address pain, fatigue, neuropathy and many other cancer-related side effects with encouragement and compassion. An overwhelming majority of people affected by cancer do not receive treatment for functional impairments. ReVital addresses this gap in care and helps people regain strength, function, independence, and quality of life.
Learn more at www.revitalcancerrehab.com
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. #ACN #CB
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network