Occupational Therapist - Consistent PRN Hours - Bartlett TN
Join the BEST in outpatient Occupational Therapy!
Select Physical Therapy in Bartlett, TN has an immediate openings for an Occupational Therapist (OT) for consistent PRN hours. Occupational therapist will treat general ortho with some hands. Occupational Therapist implements, with minimal supervision, high quality occupational therapy services for patients, caregivers and facilities in accordance with the principles and practices of occupational therapy and with Select Physical Therapy policies and procedures. Develops treatment plans, supervises assistants and aides, contributes to case management, and provides quality patient care. Develops relationships with referral sources. Maintains positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhances and expands client relations with facilities and their staff.
Our Physical Therapy and Occupational therapy team provides preventative and rehab services that maximize functionality and promotes the well-being of their patients. They utilize a variety of evidence based treatment and manual therapy techniques to create individualized plans that help each patient achieve their goals.
Newly licensed and experienced outpatient Occupational Therapist (OT), APPLY!
Work Schedule: PRN 2-3 days/week 8am to 5pm
Compensation. Starting at $40/hr- $50/hr Commensurate with experience.
Applying. To apply, create an on-line profile and upload your resume to complete our HR application.
Select Physical Therapy is a part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1900 locations in 39 states and the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kessler Rehabilitation Center and KORT. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- Understand appropriate state Practice Act and adhere to the laws which govern how Occupational Therapists may practice and whom Occupational Therapists may supervise.
- Develop objective patient goals and establish the type, frequency and duration of occupational therapy in collaboration with the referring physician.
- Responsible for the supervision and delegation of the occupational therapy care for each patient within the guideline of state rules and federal regulations.
- Responsible for the alteration of each patient’s program as changes in the patient’s status occur.
- Demonstrate completion of patient care responsibilities and documentation requirements in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Participate in student clinical affiliation programs in agreement with Select Physical Therapy student manual.
- Provide comprehensive and individualized treatment programs.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new programs or procedures with the approval of the manager and referring physicians per HIPPA guidelines.
- Communicate pertinent patient information to referring physicians, staff, employers, insurance carriers, and rehabilitation specialists.
- Enhances, develops and expands relationships with referral sources and maintains positive level of interaction with facilities and clients.
- Stay current and up to date with Occupational Therapy research and employ Evidence Based Practice (RCB, clinician expertise, patient perception).
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational Therapy.
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions. Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate reporting, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of electronic equipment.
- Possess grasp ability for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network