Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)- Full-time
Select Specialty Hospital - Richmond
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Select Specialty is coming to RVA! Join this new team of clinical professionals who are utilizing their skills and talents to make a difference in the lives of critically ill patients in our community.
First Orientation: Tuesday, June 20 & Wednesday, June 21
Not ready to apply but want to learn more about Select Specialty Hospital Richmond?
Schedule an informational chat with our recruitment team: https://calendly.com/kchaag/therapy-informational-chat-richmond
Who is Select Specialty Richmond?
Select Specialty Hospital Richmond, 60-bed specialty hospital will provide world-class inpatient post- ICU services to chronic, critically ill patients who require extended healing and recovery. The mission of the hospital is to provide high quality and safe care that enables patients to heal, recover and return to their community.
Who is Select Medical?
At Select Specialty Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We employ over 48,000 people across the country and provide quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
You will assist directly and indirectly with the delivery of Physical Therapy services to include transportation, therapeutic exercises, and functional activities as outlined by treatment plan and in accordance with state practice guidelines.
- Implementing treatment goals, plans, and programs as established by the Physical Therapist (PT).
- Assisting the PT in carrying out the following therapeutic interventions designed to meet the patients’ long term goals: Posture training, strengthening exercise, endurance/cardiac training, balance exercises, coordination exercises, joint mobility and muscle lengthening, pain relief, functional skills training and community re-entry training.
- Training patients in locomotion using orthotics, prosthetics, or assistive devices such as canes, crutches, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Demonstrating use of gait, belt, and safety awareness, as well as demonstrating proper guarding techniques.
- Ordering and instructing patients in the use of prescribed equipment.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Valid state PTA license required.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill patients.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network