*A joint venture with Select Medical & Hospital*
St. Louis, MO
Start date: 8/1/2023
Monday - Friday
Full-time day shift
Starting at: $54,000
based off years of experience
Maintains availability of materials, supplies and equipment to user departments as required for patient care. Assures that material is stored in a safe, secure manner and that materials are processed expeditiously with proper paperwork. Maintains a budget control system that assists each department head to contain cost without a negative impact on product selection or patient care. Performs the essential function of completing work assignments which require heavy lifting.
- Maintains close liaison with inventory control to ensure that stock levels are adequate within assigned categories.
- Coordinates efforts with departments and receiving personnel to resolve problems encountered with delivery of orders.
- Analyzes daily stock status reports to determine re-order point and to place orders as needed.
- Rotates inventory continually. Develops an effective system to rotate stock to prevent out of dates and to remove expired stock from inventory.
- Performs all functions related to shipping and receiving; ensures all packing slips and purchase orders are properly processed.
- Ensures all in-coming and out-going mail is processed; including daily pick-up from and delivery to the post office and any special processing. Oversees maintenance of rack for internal mail.
- Supervises annual inventory process of central supply area.
- Reviews and restocks all supplies in the nursing stations that are below par level on a daily basis.
- HS diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of 2 years experience in handling and receiving essential materials
- Knowledge of health-care industry preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
At our rehabilitation hospitals, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of this position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- A network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network