Baylor Scott & White Institute of Rehabilitation
at Baylor University Medical Center
Benefits of being a therapist with us:
- Latest rehab technologies
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
- Clinical ladders to develop our therapists
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
**This position qualifies for our Loan Repayment Assistance program- full-time employees are eligible after their first 90 days
Select Medical complies with state and federal wage and hour laws. Compensation depends upon candidate's years of experience and internal equity. Minimum Salary: $72,800
Baylor University Medical Center (BUMC) is a distinguished teaching hospital located near downtown Dallas and is continually recognized as a top hospital in the nation. BUMC provides multiple clinical specialties, including Level 1 trauma services, transplantation, Level III NICU, left-ventricular assist (LVAD) implantation, Stroke Center and a dedicated cancer hospital. Therapists have the opportunity to rotate positions between teams, providing the opportunity to expand their treatment skills across a variety of diagnoses and to develop clinical specializations. At Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation (BSWIR) at BUMC, we love acute care and all the inherent complexities and fast pace. This is where the patient's journey starts, whether a trauma, myocardial infarction or stroke, organ transplant or an intensive care stay. Working in this challenging environment takes a robust professional support and development system, and we have worked hard to create just that. From the New Graduate Program to Advanced Practice Mentoring, Board Certification, or preparing you as a clinical instructor, we have the programs to support your success.
Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and modifies treatment plan in accordance with the patient’s need and physician direction. Responsible for delegation and direction of all discipline-specific therapy services for those assigned patients. Ensures the design of functional treatment programs allowing for an effective return to community activities. Serves as an educator of patients, families, students, co-workers and self. Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, development of discipline-specific therapy services and design of program delivery.
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes appropriate treatment goals and treatment programs.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of patient’s status and goals, modifying treatment program for timely progression.
- Develops comprehensive goals for patient treatment to maximize patient outcomes and return to community activities.
- Coordinates treatment program in conjunction with other clinical/therapeutic services, as well as available community resources. Attends appropriate clinical meetings to facilitate coordination.
- Provides for patient education to include the development of comprehensive and progressive home programs with instruction to the patient, family and other caregivers as appropriate to facilitate a safe and effective discharge.
- Prepares for patient discharge inclusive of ordering of necessary equipment and recommendations for therapeutic services ensuring the continuum of care.
- Evaluates patient in the actual or simulated home, school, work or community environments as necessary to facilitate a return to community activities, making recommendations for necessary adaptations or training.
- Identifies and manages various levels of care necessary to ensure care plan delivery. Delegates and supervises the utilization of PTAs, as well as support personnel to maximize patient outcomes and ensure effective utilization of services.
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as a Physical Therapist required.
- Certified BLS or completion in the first 90 days of employment required.
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network