PER DIEM LIFEGUARD
Fitness center membership
Growth to more responsibility in facility
Healthworks Rehabilitation and Fitness is looking for local per diem (PRN) lifeguards to monitor activities in our indoor aquatic therapy pool to prevent accidents and provide assistance to patients receiving care. This position would be supervising five (5) people or less at a time, all adults. One pool is a two lane lap pool, 7ft deep. Our other is a five foot deep therapy pool.
Hours are flexible -FREE fitness membership.
Opportunity to expand duties such as teaching fitness classes, personal training, etc.
Starting wage- $12.00 an hour
At Healthworks Rehab & Fitness we deliver quality in all that we do. We treat each other with respect and promote a positive environment where people feel valued. We are honest and open in our relationships and straightforward in our communications. At Healthworks Rehab & Fitness , we work together to achieve our company objectives. #ACN
- Cautions pool users regarding safety issues.
- Rescues pool users in danger of drowning and administers first aid.
- Maintains order in aquatic area.
- Inspects facilities for cleanliness.
- Maintains neatness and cleanliness of swimming pools and deck area as needed, performing brushing, backwashing, filling, and maintenance of proper pool chemical levels.
- Determines chlorine content and pH value of water with water testing kit.
- Provide assistance in the fitness and/or clinical area as requested, when not needed in the pool area.
- Current, valid certification in Lifeguarding from the American Red Cross
- CPR certification
- The work setting is primarily in the pool area where the air temperature is approximately 84 degrees and the humidity is high.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may have to swim above or under water and tow or otherwise manipulate an individual in distress and get the individual out of the water with or without assistance.
HealthWorks is a part of a larger outpatient network of locally driven providers of physical rehabilitation with 1900+ locations in 39 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
HealthWorks is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network