Physical Therapist Assistant - Full Time Split between Downtown and Canton OP Centers
Experience the power of physical therapy with NovaCare in Baltimore!
Full time licensed Physical Therapist Assistant to split between our downtown Baltimore and Canton outpatient centers.
NovaCare Rehabilitation in Baltimore is EXPANDING!! We have two outpatient locations within the Merritt Athletic Clubs of Downtown Baltimore and Canton. This is a full time position with set schedule between these two outpatient orthopedic locations for a licensed physical therapist assistant (LPTA). Your schedule would include two evenings until 730/8pm and remaining days done by 4pm to equal 40 across five weekdays.
Our community-oriented outpatient orthopedic centers are looking for compassionate, caring and driven licensed physical therapist assistants to provide exceptional patient care to patients of all ages and abilities. We have additional clinicians on staff treating a diverse population of teens through geriatrics offering general ortho, sports medicine, spine, vestibular, workers comp and dry needling rehabilitative services.
NEW GRADS ARE WELCOME TO APPLY! Mentorship available!!
Our highly trained and respected clinical team provides treatment services that maximize functionality and promote the best optimal outcomes for our patients. We utilize a variety of evidence-based treatments and manual therapy techniques to create individualized treatment plans focused on helping each patient achieve their specific goals and get back to the things that are important to them. Our work environment offers a great opportunity to provide skilled care to patients and grow with the nation’s leader in outpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation.
Unique Location/Job Details: This is a diverse orthopedic practice that sees a diverse patient mix from pediatric to geriatric.
- An unmatched Continuing Education Program with 300+ in-person and online CEU accrediting courses, journal clubs, study groups, mentorship and clinical career ladder
- Certification and specialist programs.
- Company match 401K.
- Generous paid time off + holidays + paid sick time
- Multiple PPO insurance options + HSA to choose
Sr. Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
NovaCare Rehabilitation and LifeBridge
NovaCare is part of the Select Medical Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation. Throughout the country, the Select Medical family of brands includes Banner Physical Therapy, Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kentucky Orthopedic Rehab Team (KORT), Saco Bay Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy, Champion Sports Medicine, Rehab Associates, NovaCare and Select Kids Pediatric Therapy, Emory Rehabilitation Outpatient Center, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, SSM Health Physical Therapy and Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation Outpatient Therapy. Together, these brands comprise a national network of more than 1900 centers in 39 states and the District of Columbia. The centers offer a wide range of general physical therapy services such as hand therapy, sports medicine and work injury prevention and management. Throughout the country, we also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools and serve as the exclusive physical rehabilitation provider to several major U.S. corporations. #ACN
- Responsible for patient care under the direction and supervision of a licensed physical therapist as mandated by State Practice Act.
- Possesses training and education which allows him/her to assist the Physical Therapist in carrying out prescribed treatment program.
- Implements, with minimal supervision, high quality physical therapy services for patients, caregivers and facilities in accordance with the principals and practices of physical therapy and with Select Medical policies and procedures.
- Develops treatment plans, supervises assistants and aides, contributes to case management, and provides quality patient care.
- Maintains positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhances and expands client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
- A valid state license (where applicable), registration or certification as a Physical Therapist Assistant upon graduation from an approved curriculum for Physical Therapist Assistants, and having passed a national examination for Physical Therapist Assistants certified by the CAPTE.
- State license and/or certification must be valid in the state in which the individual will practice.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network