Ortho and Prosthetics
NovaCare Rehabilitation in Toledo, OH is seeking a full-time prosthetic and orthotic Technician for our outpatient orthopedic clinic. At NovaCare P&O, we deliver quality in all that we do. We treat each other with respect and promote a positive environment where people feel valued. We are honest and open in our relationships and straightforward in our communications. At NovaCare P&O, we work together to achieve our company objectives.
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1900 locations in 39 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Fabricates and repairs orthotic and/or prosthetic devices.
- Performs fabrication processes according to company quality and quantity standards.
- Contacts vendors to order orthotic and prosthetic fabrication materials and maintains inventory of items used during the fabrication process.
- Assists technicians and trainees as necessary and monitors quality standards of work.
- Maintains a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Adheres to all safety regulations, compliance with Medicare and other governmental regulations, compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements and company guidelines.
- Ability to assess patient condition and advise physician and treatment options.
- Analyze reports, charts and correspondence and be able to interpret their meaning.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
Clinic Location: Toledo, OH
Type of Employment: Full Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Salary: Starting at $17.50/hour and up! (Pending experience)
- HS diploma/GED required
- 1 year of medical office experience
*At least one year of experience as an orthotic/prosthetic technician.
Strong understanding of orthotic/prosthetic devices and O&P device fabrication and maintenance.
- Health Care experience
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and reach consistently throughout a work day/shift.
- Appropriate manual dexterity to enable typing (including10-key) throughout a work day/shift.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs, safely, from ground to waist using proper body mechanics.
- Ability to carry office supplies up to 10lbs.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network