Student Nurse Tech
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Student Nurse Tech
Sign On Bonus: $1,000
Hours: 7 pm - 7:30 am
Pay: up to $26 per hour +
Competitive shift differentials for nights and weekends
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
*This position requires current enrollment in an accredited nursing school (ADN or BSN program) and must provide proof of completion of the first year/fundamentals of nursing, (or equivalent).*
Why work for Select Specialty / Regency Hospitals? We are committed to your growth and success!
- Once you obtain your RN, you can transition into a New Grad RN role with us. Our New Grad RN opportunity offers you 12-13 weeks of training with a dedicated preceptor. A robust and structured program, it integrates both education and preceptorship for a seamless transition into a successful career as a Registered Nurse.
- Clinical Advancement Programs with bonus incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Extensive and thorough orientation program
- Team oriented environment
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID)
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
At Select Medical’s Critical Illness Recovery Hospitals, you are taking care of the most vulnerable patients in your community. Here, you will care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. You will be part of a network of more than 50,000 employees nationwide who provide quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient care experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
- Obtaining vital signs, height, weight and demographic data.
- Assisting patients with personal and daily care, such as bathing (bed bath, chair at sink, tub and shower), oral hygiene, shaving and hair care.
- Assisting with urinary catheter removal, finger stick blood sugars, routine urine and stool specimen collection, ostomy care, emptying drainage receptacles/tubes, bladder scan.
- Removing peripheral IV’s as directed by RN (may not remove any IV’s located in antecubital fossa or higher).
- Delivering meals and snacks, feeding patients who are unable to feed themselves and documenting oral intake, including supplements.
- Turning and positioning immobile patients safely while maintaining proper body alignment; participating in mobility program.
- Answering patient call lights and performing services that add to the physical well-being of the patient.
- Transportation of the patients to designated areas, such as to and from various treatment centers.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- This position requires current enrollment in an accredited nursing school (ADN or BSN program) and must provide proof of completion of the first year/fundamentals of nursing, (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of basic nursing techniques and procedures and aseptic practices is required.
- This position requires the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to follow written and verbal instructions, and to maintain effective working relations with others including patients, families, physicians and other hospital associates.
- BLS required.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network