Physical Therapist Assistant - Outpatient Orthopedics Full Time
Full time Physical Therapist Assistant for outpatient center in Glen Burnie, MD.
NovaCare's community-oriented outpatient orthopedic center in Glen Burnie, MD is looking for a compassionate, caring and driven licensed physical therapist assistant (PTA) to provide exceptional patient care to patients of all ages and abilities. We treat a well rounded mix at our Glen Burnie center to include; general ortho, sports medicine, neuro, vestibular, workers compensation and more. This is a full time 40 hour weekday position treating weekdays with last patient scheduled an hour before close.
Tuesday/Thursday: 1130AM- 8PM
We utilize a variety of evidence-based treatments and manual therapy techniques to create individualized treatment plans focused on helping each patient achieve their specific goals and get back to the things that are important to them. New graduates WELCOME to apply, you must have your Maryland PTA license to begin. We have a large team in Glen Burnie able to provide mentorship for those clinicians who are focused on OP ortho.
Unique Location/Job Details: This is a diverse orthopedic practice that sees a diverse patient mix from pediatric to geriatric.
Compensation starting at $21/hr+ based on experience.
Full Time Benefits and Incentives:
- Multiple affordable PPO Plans through BC/BS + HSA to choose from
- Company matching 401(k)
- Outlined and defined mentorship program with Protected Schedule
- UNMATCHED Con Ed program
- 300+ onsite, synchronous and asynchronous CEU accrediting courses. (.75-14 CEUs)
- Graston, KT Tape, etc. Certifications PAID
- Journal Clubs (institutional access to multiple journals)
- Clinical Development: As you work towards specializations with us, you reach levels/goals/progress markers that earn you MORE in compensation.
- Competitive compensation with additional incentives, bonuses and MORE
- Generous Paid Time Off + Holidays + Sick Time all with carry over
For additional details contact our regional recruiter Shanel and apply TODAY!
Sr. Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
NovaCare Rehabilitation and Select Physical Therapy
NovaCare Rehabilitation is part of the Select Medical Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation. Throughout the country, the Select Medical family of brands includes Banner Physical Therapy, Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kentucky Orthopedic Rehab Team (KORT), Saco Bay Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy, Champion Sports Medicine, Rehab Associates, NovaCare and Select Kids Pediatric Therapy, Emory Rehabilitation Outpatient Center, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, SSM Health Physical Therapy and Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation Outpatient Therapy. Together, these brands comprise a national network of 1900 centers in 39 states and the District of Columbia. The centers offer a wide range of general physical therapy services such as hand therapy, sports medicine and work injury prevention and management. Throughout the country, we also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools and serve as the exclusive physical rehabilitation provider to several major U.S. corporations. #ACN
- Responsible for patient care under the direction and supervision of a licensed physical therapist as mandated by State Practice Act.
- Possesses training and education which allows him/her to assist the Physical Therapist in carrying out prescribed treatment program.
- Implements, with minimal supervision, high quality physical therapy services for patients, caregivers and facilities in accordance with the principals and practices of physical therapy and with Select Medical policies and procedures.
- Develops treatment plans, supervises assistants and aides, contributes to case management, and provides quality patient care.
- Maintains positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhances and expands client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
- A valid state license (where applicable), registration or certification as a Physical Therapist Assistant upon graduation from an approved curriculum for Physical Therapist Assistants, and having passed a national examination for Physical Therapist Assistants certified by the CAPTE.
- State license and/or certification must be valid in the state in which the individual will practice.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network