Dietary Aide - Baylor Rehab
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Fort Worth, TX
Food Service Aide
"As Needed" - PRN
This is a swing position; "as needed". Candidates must be willing to work either 5a-1:30p, 7a-3:30pm, or 11a-7:30p
Benefits of being a Food Service Aide with us:
- Working with a collaborative dietary team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Ability to grow and learn
- Advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to gain hospital experience
The Dietary Aide performs a variety of patient food services, dining room and dish room services, as well as, other related tasks.
- Prepares food items and assembles prepared foods for patient trays,
- Delivers trays to dining room or patients’ units,
- Works in the dish room, and in pots and pans washing area as needed
- Serves foods in the cafeteria, cleans cafeteria tables, and service counter area after meals.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
- High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Food Handlers Certification preferred
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network