Physical Therapist (PT) / PRN
Select Specialty Hospital - Tucson East
Physical Therapist (PT)
PRN/Per Diem/As Needed
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
Using discretion and independent judgment, you will assist patients and their families in coping with the unpredictability of illness within the context of the hospital environment.
- Performing initial and ongoing systematic patient assessment.
- Promoting continuous quality improvement.
- Teaching and counseling patients/families.
- Setting goals and developing treatment plans.
- Working cooperatively to identify and solve patient-specific and facility-wide needs.
- Participating in discharge planning for each patient, including placement, patient/family education and adaptive equipment.
- Supervising Physical Therapy Assistants, as well as supervising PT and PTA students.
- Conducting individual patient therapy regimens.
- Monitoring patient's response to treatment and modifying treatment during sessions, as needed.
- Completing appropriate documentation according to department policies and procedures.
- Participating in departmental, hospital, and community continuing education seminars and in-services.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Requires successful completion of all educational requirements as mandated for state licensure or eligibility for a license in Physical Therapy.
- Current State licensure (or eligibility for State licensure) required.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Some supervisory experience is preferred.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network