Physical Therapist Assistant
Dignity Health Physical Therapy
Location: East Flamingo Center in Las Vegas NV
Full Time Physical Therapist Assistant
** Up to a $6,000 sign on bonus **
Experience the power of physical therapy with Dignity Health Physical Therapy in Las Vegas!
Experience the power of physical therapy! Our East Flamingo outpatient center in Las Vegas are looking for a compassionate, caring and driven licensed physical therapist assistant (PTA) to provide exceptional patient care to patients of all ages and abilities. An ideal physical therapist assistant (PTA) has at least one year of experience, but we ARE able to consider new graduates of accredited physical therapist assistant programs who are focused on outpatient orthopedics. Our OP ortho team is able to offer mentorship as we treat a diverse population of high level athletes to geriatrics. The majority of our patients are general ortho but we also treat sports medicine, vestibular, concussion, spine and high level neuro conditions. We have additional clinicians on staff seeking a second full time licensed physical therapist assistant (LPTA).
This is a full time 40 hour work week Monday through Friday treating eight hours during our hours of operation (8a-6p). Either 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm with lunch.
You must be licensed as a physical therapist assistant in the state of Nevada to begin. Those soon sitting for the exam are welcome to apply with offer contingent upon passing the boards.
Address: 2110 East Flamingo Road, Suite 314, Las Vegas NV 89119
Schedule: 40 hour work week Monday through Friday
We offer excellent benefits including:
- Nationwide UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU crediting courses, national certifications, study groups, journal clubs and more.
- 300+ onsite, synchronous and asynchronous CEU accrediting courses. (.75-14 CEUs)
- Outlined mentorship program
- Company matching 401(k)
- Generous Paid Time Off plus Holidays plus Sick Time
- Affordable PPO Benefits
- Competitive salary with incentives and more!
Dignity Health Physical Therapy is part of the Select Medical Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation. Throughout the country, the Select Medical family of brands includes Banner Physical Therapy, Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kentucky Orthopedic Rehab Team (KORT), Saco Bay Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy, Champion Sports Medicine, Rehab Associates, NovaCare and Select Kids Pediatric Therapy, Emory Rehabilitation Outpatient Center, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, SSM Health Physical Therapy and Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation Outpatient Therapy. Together, these brands comprise a national network of 1900+ centers in 39 states and the District of Columbia. The centers offer a wide range of general physical therapy services such as hand therapy, sports medicine and work injury prevention and management. Throughout the country, we also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools and serve as the exclusive physical rehabilitation provider to several major U.S. corporations. #ACN
- Responsible for patient care under the direction and supervision of a licensed physical therapist as mandated by State Practice Act.
- Possesses training and education which allows him/her to assist the Physical Therapist in carrying out prescribed treatment program.
- Implements, with minimal supervision, high quality physical therapy services for patients, caregivers and facilities in accordance with the principals and practices of physical therapy and with Select Medical policies and procedures.
- Develops treatment plans, supervises assistants and aides, contributes to case management, and provides quality patient care.
- Maintains positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhances and expands client relations with facilities and their staff.
- A valid state license (where applicable), registration or certification as a Physical Therapist Assistant upon graduation from an approved curriculum for Physical Therapist Assistants, and having passed a national examination for Physical Therapist Assistants certified by the CAPTE.
- State license and/or certification must be valid in the state in which the individual will practice.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift. Must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network