Food Service Aide
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
West Orange, NJ
Acute Care Medical Rehabilitation Hospital
Per-Diem Food Service Aide / Dietary Aide
Shift Hours: 6:30 am- 2:30 pm
(This includes weekdays and alternating weekends)
Must be available to work a minimum of 4 days (two of which must be weekend) per month
Come join our team - APPLY TODAY!
Benefits of becoming a Food Service Aide with us:
- 8-hour shifts
- Working with a great kitchen and dietary team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Advancement opportunities
- Gaining healthcare experience
- Team-oriented culture
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation opportunities
- & more work perks!
You will perform a variety of patient food services, dining room services and dish room services. You will be an integral part of the food preparations, serving of the prepared food to patients, families, staff and visitors and assisting in clean up.
- Providing quality work, showing knowledge of the job and good decision making.
- Being timely and efficient when preparing food.
- Providing high quality food preparation and service.
- Completing all procedures scheduled during the shift without compromising the quality of work.
- Volunteering to help in other areas of the kitchen when necessary.
- Demonstrating reliability and dependability in your work.
- Operating equipment and performing related duties in a safe manner.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous healthcare food service experience preferred.
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
"Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.”
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network