Physical Therapist (PT) - Outpatient - FT - $5k Sign on Bonus
California Rehabilitation Institute
*A Joint Venture with Cedars, UCLA and Select Medical*
Century City / Los Angeles, CA
Physical Therapist (PT) - Outpatient – Full Time
Starting Pay: $48.29 - $63.73
**$5,000 Sign on Bonus, paid out in the first year of employment.**
Cal Rehab Outpatient Therapy specializes in providing care to patients with neurologic injuries or disorders (CVA, BI, SCI, PD, etc) in addition to many other conditions. We focus on coordinated, multidisciplinary care as our team provides PT, OT, and SLP services and has a strong emphasis on the smooth transition through the continuum of care. We are looking for a PT who will contribute to our development and growth as a clinic, is committed to high quality patient care, and values teamwork and communication. We are located on the first floor of the hospital.
- PTs with neuro experience are preferred, but others may be considered. Specializations (i.e. NCS) are preferred but not required.
- Clinic hours range within 8 am – 5:15 pm Monday through Friday. Patient care is primarily 1:1. This is subject to change depending on patient care and market needs
Benefits of being a PT with us:
- Loan Assistance Repayment after 90 days of employment
- Latest rehab technologies
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
- Clinical Ladders to develop our therapists
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Prescription coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan with match
- Short and long term disability
- Tuition assistance
- A network of over 50,000 employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
- Completes a comprehensive evaluation of patients. Utilizes clinical reasoning to develop appropriate treatment plan and goals focused on progressing patients towards discharge.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to address all barriers to discharge. Demonstrates flexibility in all aspects of caseload management including accepting coverage and ensuring that the plan of care is communicated, implemented and progressed throughout the length of stay. Effectively and efficiently manages individual, concurrent, and group treatment sessions based on patient care needs.
- Completes medical record documentation in a clear, concise, accurate and timely manner, inclusive of daily documentation, goal writing, discharge documentation, and charge entry using approved formats in compliance with state, federal and intermediary guidelines and in accordance with the Hospital's policies and procedures. Ensures care is provided under signed, valid physician orders and within insurance approval, as indicated and necessary for clinical care of the patient.
- Actively creates an individualized professional development plan with clinical management. Identifies and initiates own professional growth, actively pursuing professional development through continuing education, self-study and involvement in professional activities and organizations. Applies learned information in order to meet the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Adheres to discipline specific State Practice Act and other regulatory agencies. Maintains professional licensure in good standing and completes all state mandated continuing education requirements. Performs in an ethical manner in accordance with discipline specific professional code of conduct.
- Understands the organization’s performance improvement methodology to improve quality of services provided by this position. Demonstrates awareness of organizational performance improvement initiatives and follows through with the action plans. Offers feedback through staff meetings, focus groups or direct supervisor in order to maximize performance improvement outcomes.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as a Physical Therapist required.
- Certified BLS through the American Heart Association is required within 90 days.
California Rehabilitation Institute a 138-bed facility offers patients a higher degree of excellence in medical rehabilitation. Each patient has their own room and receives our customized treatment plans based on their individual medical and therapy needs as they recover from:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process-to be completed before an employee’s first day of work
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network