Student Nurse Tech - Full Time Days
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
1199 Pleasant Valley way West Orange NJ 07052
Acute Rehab - Inpatient Rehab
Student Nurse Tech
Shift Hours: Full-Time, 7:00AM - 7:30PM (Days)
(This includes weekday and weekend shifts)
*This position requires current enrollment in an accredited nursing school and must provide proof of completion of the first year/fundamentals of nursing, (or equivalent).*
A Student Nurse Tech position is for aspiring Registered Nurses who are interested in gaining more experience in a hospital setting. Once you have graduated and completed your NCLEX, you will have the opportunity to participate in our New Graduate Registered Nurse program.
Benefits of becoming a SNT with us:
- Start Pay: $22/hr
- Shift Differential!
- 100% Paid NA to RN scholarships
- Tuition Assistance up to $5,000 a year after your first full year of employment
- Appicable clinical experience in an acute rehabilitation setting
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability & more!)
- Flexible scheduling with rotating weekends
- Manageable case loads
- Team-oriented and collaborative culture
Student Nurse Tech work collaboratively with our nursing (RNs, Nursing Assistants) and therapy teams and assist patients in their rehabilitation process.Our Student Nurse Techs encourage and support patients through the recovery process and gently guide them to reach their goals.
- Obtain vital signs,
- Assist patients with daily activities
- Promptly answering call lights
- Report any issues or progress observed
- Reinforce rehab techniques as assigned by the therapy team.
- Current enrollment in an accredited nursing school and must provide proof of completion of the first year/fundamentals of nursing, (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of basic nursing techniques and procedures and aspetic practices is required
- This position requres the ability to communicated effectively, both verbally and in writing, to follow written and verbal instrucions and to maintiain effective working relations with others including patients, families, physicians and other hospital associates
- BLS required upon start
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
- Food and Nutrition Services
Post offer employment testing (POETs) are completed as part of the onboarding process - to be completed before an employee's first day of work.
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network