Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)-RUSHKids-Crystal Lake, IL (Part Time)
RUSH Kids Crystal Lake, IL is a growing multi-disciplinary clinic that offers ABA, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Physical Therapy. Our ABA team offers both clinic-based and home-based services under the direction of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. We are looking to hire a full time or part time Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) for our location in Crystal Lake, IL. A Behavior Technician works 1:1 with children with an Autism diagnosis in the child’s homes and in our clinic. They implement ABA programs and Behavior Intervention Plans directed by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)/Case Manager. All therapists are supervised by the BCBA/Case Manager on a weekly basis. They are responsible for collecting and recording data based on observable client behavior. An ABA therapist implements services based on the principles of Verbal Behavior and Applied Behavior Analysis to children 2-12. They receive and implement feedback in a professional manner.
Responsible for delivering care for children served by RUSH Kids Pediatric Therapy based on the principals of Applies Behavior Analysis. The ABA Line Therapist will work under the supervision of the BCBA and provide direct services to individuals with Autism. Training is provided.
- Review Policies & Procedures manual on a yearly basis and adheres to the policies and procedures set forth as well as any updates.
- Complete and maintain all Corporate & Clinical Services required trainings and maintain compliance with state/local/federal regulations.
- Provide direct treatment and document for patients for whom ABA is medically necessary.
- Maintain ongoing documentation in which goals, progress toward functional goals, and medical necessity are clearly stated.
- Complete all required documentation legibly or electronically, appropriately and in a timely fashion in order to meet facility, physician and payer deadlines.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, family members, and third party payers at all times.
- Attend and/or participate in facility meetings as directed by Center Manager (may include utilization review, infection control, disaster preparedness, etc.)
- Utilize time efficiently and effectively to meet productivity requirements of the facility.
- Participate in and present clinical in-services.
- Maintain current awareness of general changes in the healthcare field and specific issues impacting the practice of ABA.
- Subject to limitations imposed by state/local/federal law.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of behavioral principles and implements behavioral programming through mentorship with BCBA.
- Monitors programs frequently and collaborate with BCBA to adjust targets based on progress through data analysis
- Communicates proactively with parents and staff regarding child’s program.
- Ensures clear understanding of current behavior plans.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Effective clinical problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills for accurate, concise, and organized oral and written presentations of information to patients and staff and referral sources.
- Computer skills for effective reporting including documentation, billing, payroll, note taking, etc.
- Requires the ability to function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with patients, personnel, and outside agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and, at times, hostile people within an outpatient setting.
- Bachelors degree (or current enrollment in college programs) in related field, including psychology, education, social work, special education, etc.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Minimum 1 year ABA experience.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift. Must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility and in the community.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate reporting, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of electronic equipment.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 37 states, plus the District of Columbia. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payers and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network