KORT Rehab at Home Office – Patient Service Specialist KORT Rehab at Home – New Albany IN
Are you someone who absolutely loves to be of service to others? Do you enjoy when people depend on you for help? Are you organized and detail-oriented? Do you thrive on building relationships with others? If so, the Patient Service Specialist role could be a great fit for you.
Starting at $15.00/hour
This is not your average front desk, receptionist position – it’s so much more! Working as a patient service Specialist at KORT Rehab at Home can be a highly fulfilling job that allows you to not only have a positive impact on the patient’s experience, but also your coworker’s experience, and the results we achieve as a company.
At KORT Rehab @ Home, every team member has a crucial role to play in the success of our patients and our company. As a Patient Service Specialist, your performance is one of the keys to our ability to consistently provide a great service for patients to receive care and treatment in the home, as well as a great place for employees to work. So while you will be stationed at the home health office, you will be making and impact on every patient’s care experience in the home.
Select Medical is the nation’s leading physical therapy provider and our teams are dedicated to the communities we serve and to delivering an exceptional patient experience in a welcoming, positive, and helpful environment. This Patient Service Specialist position goes above and beyond the normal duties of a secretary or receptionist. As an employee at Select Medical, you will have the ability to impact people’s lives in truly meaningful ways every day. We are looking for someone to join our team who will help us make a positive impact in the local community.
General Requirements: The ideal KORT Physical Therapy employee is…
- Adaptable and Flexible: willing to adapt or adjust to accommodate your colleagues and patients
- Patient-centric mindset: the patient always comes first and you will make the first and last impression on them
- Exceptional communication skills: communicate proactively and with empathy
- Detail-oriented: people count on you to ensure all the details are done correctly the first time around
- Team Player: you will be an integral part of a clinical team
Responsibilities: You’re more than just an admin or a secretary! The ideal candidate possesses the ability to consistently perform the following job duties with excellence...
- Warmly greet every patient with a welcoming smile they can picture over a phone call.
- Positive and attentive communication while initiating the first contact to set up their home health visit along with all follow up calls with new and existing patients.
- Thoughtfully communicate with patients over the phone by showing empathy for their needs and limitations.
- Organized functionality with adaption of change as priorities dictate
- Carefully conduct insurance authorizations and verifications
- Inform and arrange patients financial responsibilities with attention to detail.
- Respond to requests for information from patients, providers, and coworkers in a timely manner and with a positive attitude
- Show you are a team player who is committed to excellence by assisting our peers with general office maintenance and upkeep.
- Live the Select Medical Values in every interaction, every day
- Clinic Location: New Albany, IN
- Type of Employment: Full Time
- Hours: Monday-Friday
- Full Medical and Dental Benefits: Yes (for 32+ hours per week)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment (faxes, copiers, computers, telephones, etc.)
- Ability to type 40 words per minute
- Home health EMR use – Home Care Home Base utilization
- Excellent, organized phone etiquette
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and reach consistently throughout a work day/shift
- Appropriate manual dexterity to enable typing (including10-key) throughout a work day/shift
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs, safely, from ground to waist using proper body mechanics
- Ability to carry office supplies up to 10lbs
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people and understand written direction
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network