Human Resources Coordinator - Inpatient Rehab
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation - Lakeway
2000 Medical Dr
Human Resources Coordinator
The HR Coordinator (HRC) is the on-site HR generalist who provides a broad range of HR support to our inpatient rehab hospital based in beautiful Lakeway, Texas. The HRC supports approximately 170 employees, and the facility comprises 36 patient beds as well as a day neuro center and wound care clinic. These entities are accredited by both the Joint Commission and CARF, recognizing our commitment to high quality patient care. The HRC reports to the Director of Human Resources for the Baylor Scott & White Rehab organization and also has a dotted line reporting relationship to the CEO of the Lakeway facility.
The HR Coordinator works collaboratively with the HR Manager and assists the department by providing daily management of the Human Resources function. They will perform confidential and administrative services for the Human Resource Department. The HR Coordinator will be a primary resource for employees with any HR related concerns or inquiries.
- Maintains and updates employee files: HR, Employee Health, Agency and Contract Services with accurate and complete information and maintains the HR grid and required tracking
- Prepares and maintains employee new hire packets and ensures accurate and timely completion of the new hire process and paperwork
- Maintains postings, files, and procedures that are in compliance with federal and state statutes
- Opens and distributes all incoming mail. Screens all incoming correspondence, and, in the absence of the HR Manager/Director refers materials requiring immediate attention to the appropriate department
- Accurate and timely bi-weekly payroll processing with the coordination and support of corporate payroll
- Coordinates recruitment processes in compliance with the hospital’s recruitment plans
- Pro-actively addresses employee concerns and with the HR Manager or HR Director coordinates any necessary investigations
- Processes and maintains all worker’s compensation claims in a timely manner and according with the company’s Return to Work program
- Processes all unemployment requests, FMLA and Leave of Absences in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensures confidentiality and professionalism is maintained when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field, or a combination of education and experience required
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite, as well as computer applications relating to Human Resources Functions required
- Two or more years of experience in Human Resources with exposure to a board range of functions required. Previous HR experience in a health care facility with exposure to Joint Commission, and CMS preferred
- Familiarity with benefit administration, basic HR functions, Payroll Administration, and state and federal employment laws
- Must be detail-oriented with expertise in problem solving, observation, group dynamics, and interpersonal relations
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network