Speech Language Pathologist PRN - Day Institute
SSM Health Day Institute
Speech Language Pathologist - PRN (SLP)
SSM Health Day Institute is seeking a PRN Speech Language Pathologist to work in our specialized outpatient rehabilitation program. The ideal candidate would need to be dually licensed in both MO and IL and cover a minimum of 4 of our 9 centers located throughout the Metro St. Louis market.
We offer a specialize, outpatient rehabilitation program serving individuals recovering from a traumatic injury or illness who no longer require 24-hour nursing or acute rehabilitative care. We take a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach to build skills and maximize independence. If you like working in a dynamic, collaborative environment and are passionate about helping the neurological and medically complex patient, apply today to explore a new career opportunity with us!
*Generous benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage
- Co-Pays for Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID)
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Clinical Ladder Program
- Excellent Orientation Program
- New Grad Mentorship
- Residency Programs
- National Continuing Education courses (local and online)
- Tuition Assistance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Productivity standards that allow for high quality patient care
Why choose us?
We have been recognized numerous times by the St. Louis Post Dispatch as one of the "Top Workplaces" in St. Louis!**
Our expertise, partnerships and successes
Many providers of physical therapy and rehabilitation say they are dedicated to excellent care. At SSM Health Physical Therapy, we prove it with our regular patient satisfaction surveys and online reviews, which show our patients experience outstanding clinical results and unmatched care from their therapists. Learn more about our expertise and outcomes.
Mission, commitment and vision
We are dedicated to providing an exceptional and positive patient experience -- we are passionate and love what we do, and it shows. Learn more about our mission.
To carry out our mission, we must be true to our values. We strive to see the world through the eyes of our patients and their families, our fellow employees, doctors, referral sources and job candidates. We value each of these experiences.
We have a vision of the care and experience we work to provide every day. It’s called the Select Medical Way. Upholding the Select Medical Way is to:
- Put the patient first — build trust, listen and communicate throughout his/her healing journey
- Help improve quality of life for the communities in which we live and work
- Welcome new ideas from all levels of the organization to continually improve
- Attract, train and retain the best possible team members
- Stand out from others by fully embracing high-quality clinical care and sharing a commitment to doing it right
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes appropriate treatment goals and treatment programs
- Provides ongoing evaluation of patient’s status and goals
- Develops comprehensive goals for patient treatment to maximize outcomes.
- Coordinates treatment program in conjunction with other clinical/therapeutic services
- Attends appropriate clinical meetings to facilitate coordination
- Provides for patient education to include development of comprehensive and progressive home programs with instruction to patient, family and other caregivers
- Prepares for patient discharge inclusive of ordering of necessary equipment and recommendations
- Evaluates patient in actual or simulated home, school, work or community environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Speech Therapy required
- Current and valid state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist required
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech Language Pathology from the American speech-Language & Hearing Association or eligibility for Certification pending professional experience required.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
“Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.”
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network