Nursing Assistant (CNA) / PRN/ As needed
SSH - Critical Illness Recovery Hospital – Rochelle Park, NJ
(we are sharing the building with Alaris Health, Chateau Nursing Home)
Nursing Assistant (CNA) - 12 hour shifts
PRN/Per Diem/As Needed
Days and Nights Available
Pay: $23.00 per hour
At Select Specialty Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you committed to delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
As a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), you will be working alongside highly skilled clinicians and some of the best critical care nurses in the country. You will work under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse and perform routine tasks in patient care, bedside nursing, and documentation of care provided.
- Performing services for the patient involving bathing using basinless bath products, oral hygiene and oral feeding and care of hair.
- Answering patient lights and performing services in a timely manner that adds to the physical well-being of the patient.
- Participating in hourly rounds.
- Transporting patients to and from various treatment centers when necessary; assists transporters in moving patients in and out of stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of various instruments and equipment such as bedpans, urinals and wheelchairs.
- Keeping the patient’s rooms in clean and orderly condition, including making beds.
- Maintaining unit stock levels of supplies and equipment as directed.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- You will have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Certified BLS required prior to start.
- Requires hospital experience as a nursing assistant, certification as a nursing assistant, or experience in a related field such as a medical assistant or as an actively enrolled nursing student.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Nursing Assistant Certification.
- You have an extensive knowledge of basic nursing techniques and procedures, aseptic practices and cardio-pulmonary techniques.
Nursing students may be considered as nurse assistants if approved by the State Practice Act.
Post offer employment testing (POETs) are completed as part of the onboarding process - to be completed before an employee's first day of work.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill patients.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network