Clinical Dietitian / PRN
Clinical Illness Recovery Hospital
PRN/Per Diem/As Needed
At Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
You will provide quality nutritional care to patients such as the development, implementation and monitoring of Medical Nutrition Therapies. You will work collaboratively with the medical staff, patients, families and food service department to ensure the patients’ nutrition care plans are implemented and departmental standards are maintained.
- Performing nutritional assessments and re-assessments, identifying short and long term goals, recommending nutrition interventions, monitoring and evaluating patient progress.
- Working closely with the Speech Therapy Department to assist with the progression of textured modified diets to ensure patient safety and optimize oral intake.
- Evaluating potential food/drug interactions, and/or herb/supplement interactions.
- Developing and implementing educational programs for patients and staff.
- Serving as a resource regarding emerging trends in the nutritional care of our patient population.
- Attending interdisciplinary team meetings and communicating patients’ nutrition care plan, progress and special needs.
- Participating in developing, planning and standardizing menus.
- Performing meal rounds to ensure patients' meal trays are consistent with the prescribed diet and meet standards as to quality, quantity, temperature and appearance.
- Maintaining current professional registration requirements (i.e., Professional Portfolio, self-development and continuing education).
- Communicating the patients’ needs to appropriate team members.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelors degree with major studies in food and nutrition.
- Current state licensure/certification, if required by state.
- Current registration by the Commission on Dietetics Registration.
- One (1) year of work experience in a facility setting with clinical responsibilities or equivalent.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you are interested in our Career opportunities but not ready to apply, join our Talent Network to stay connected to us and receive updates on the latest job opportunities and company now.Join Our Talent Network